Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid month contract

Options
  • 24-05-2017 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi can someone tell me if you start your lease/contract mid month, say 12th are you paid up until the 12th of the following month or the 11th? If you know the answer can you provide a link as reference? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Hi can someone tell me if you start your lease/contract mid month, say 12th are you paid up until the 12th of the following month or the 11th? If you know the answer can you provide a link as reference? Thanks

You won't find a specific link but if you start your contract on the 12th day of a month, the last time of the contract would be midnight on the 11th day of that month.

Think of a year starting on the first of January, the year ends at midnight on December 31st, not on January first.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Maddylicious

davo10 wrote: »
    You won't find a specific link but if you start your contract on the 12th day of a month, the last time of the contract would be midnight on the 11th day of that month.

Think of a year starting on the first of January, the year ends at midnight on December 31st, not on January first.

I know if you move in on 1st you're paid until 31st but wasn't sure if the same applies for mid month leases. Are you assuming this is the answer or do you know for a fact? I saw something stating the contrary online but it wasn't an Irish website so didn't know if the same applies. Thanks for the input

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

I know if you move in on 1st you're paid until 31st but wasn't sure if the same applies for mid month leases. Are you assuming this is the answer or do you know for a fact? I saw something stating the contrary online but it wasn't an Irish website so didn't know if the same applies. Thanks for the input

If you know the way it works 1st - 31st, why would it be any different 12th - 11th?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

davo10 wrote: »
    If you know the way it works 1st - 31st, why would it be any different 12th - 11th?

The only logic I can find in it is that all months have an 11th and 12th but not all months have a 31st. People do manage to overthink these things. :pac:

Advertisement