Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which LOOK cycling pedals to get?

Options
  • 24-05-2017 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Just about to take delivery of my new TT bike, and just started looking at pedals.

Which model are best bang for buck?

I normally don't get too carried away with the marketing speil, still like to get most beneficial ones without blowing the budget.

Comments

Boardman (Halfords own brand) do a pair compatible with the look keo system. Better value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

ronoc wrote:
    Boardman (Halfords own brand) do a pair compatible with the look keo system. Better value too.

Thanks Ronoc, ie site seem to have cleats, but no pedals

Just spotted Look keo Blade pedals €61 on chc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Blades are fine just a little harder to get out of than regular metal spring looks.
    Look way cooler too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Exustar do cheap compatible one but don't know if they're any use. Planet X have a few non Look branded keo compatible pedals. I use either Keo Easy for the everyday bike or Keo 2 Max I think for the carbon one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Good prices going on Keo Classic 2's these days, due to the release of the Classic 3: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/look-keo-classic-2-road-pedals/rp-prod116968. They allow for tension adjustment which the Keo Easy do not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/look-keo-2-max-blade-road-pedals/rp-prod129042

I've had a pair of these on my winter since last Autumn.
    They've performed flawlessly. I've done about 6,000kms on them.
    Bearings are perfect. I went for the black version.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

Eamonnator wrote:
    I've had a pair of these on my winter since last Autumn. They've performed flawlessly. I've done about 6,000kms on them. Bearings are perfect. I went for the black version.

Ya, I had those spotted, only bothering they're white :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Ya, I had those spotted, only bothering they're white :-(

Yes quite right. Black is the correct colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 n1ey

Just about to take delivery of my new TT bike, and just started looking at pedals.

Which model are best bang for buck?

I normally don't get too carried away with the marketing speil, still like to get most beneficial ones without blowing the budget.

I would check the stack heights of the different pedals. Buy a LOOK pedal set. I had good luck with them over the years. Most use Shimano, here, now. However, I will stick with LOOK. I have a bunch of CLASSIC, but I also have one set that has a lower stack height(BLADE). It does make a difference. It might mandate you to lower the saddle versus using a CLASSIC. It could throw off your pedal stroke or make it better, too.

For some reason I thought that the lower the saddle would be better. However, this would effect your fit from saddle to handlebar.

I recommend experimenting. The price at Chain Reaction - a lot of Americans around here buy from them - is good. They are a better value than Shimano IMO.
    bill o'hara

Advertisement