Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceased account billing query

Options
  • 24-05-2017 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi,

I have closed my account, but received a bill there for nearly 80 euro today.  I can't see what the detail of this was, as when I log into eir online, I get the account ceased notice, and cannot access my bills. 

If it is for the equipment, I returned this over a month ago, noting the name, address and account number, so don't believe I should be held liable if this hasn't been correctly dealt with.  I'm half suspecting it's that as I had a previous bill with a credit, which I also couldn't see.

Could you please let me know what is being charged for?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Rua1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have closed my account, but received a bill there for nearly 80 euro today.  I can't see what the detail of this was, as when I log into eir online, I get the account ceased notice, and cannot access my bills. 

If it is for the equipment, I returned this over a month ago, noting the name, address and account number, so don't believe I should be held liable if this hasn't been correctly dealt with.  I'm half suspecting it's that as I had a previous bill with a credit, which I also couldn't see.

Thanks,
    I just received another email apparently from yourselves there, for a slightly different amount.  The links are a bit funny too - the register link is http://mypp00.eir.ie/transactional/login, however, the account number given is the correct account number.

I note other people seem to be getting similar emails.    

Is there an actual charge to my account or not?  If so, the only thing I can think of is that I am being charged for equipment that I did return, sent on the 18th of April from the post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Rua1 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,
    Hi Rua1, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We are aware of a series of unsolicited emails being received by members of the public where the email appears to come from eir. You can read more on this here https://www.eir.ie/online-safety/-. However, please PM me your account details and I will be more than happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Rua1

Hi Leanne,
    PM sent.  What worries me is if this is an unsolicited email, then why does the email have the correct account number?   I'm now concerned there is a data breach somewhere, if these emails don't originate from Eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi Rua1, 

I have replied to your PM.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Advertisement