Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a high price for 2 teas and 1 cake

Options
  • 24-05-2017 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Tried the new cafe in Debenhams, Blanchardstown - Patisserie valerie - quite pleasant but alongside rows of clothes - Ordered 2 small pots of tea and one good size custard slice - bill € 11.10 / Teas:rolleyes: 3.30 each Slice 4.50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭smiley girl

Tried the new cafe in Debenhams, Blanchardstown - Patisserie valerie - quite pleasant but alongside rows of clothes - Ordered 2 small pots of tea and one good size custard slice - bill € 11.10 / Teas:rolleyes: 3.30 each Slice 4.50

Yup, I'd consider that quite expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yes!
    After reading the heading I totted up what i'd expect to pay for that (without knowing where you were eating) and I gave it as 8.50- 2.50 for each tea and 3.50 for the slice of cake. 11.10 is crazy. 3.30 for a small pot of tea is crazy!

Was the cake worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

If you consider that expensive then don't go to Bakestone in Ballyseedy garden centre in Cork.

Every cake slice is tiny and they all start at €4.50!
    Can't speak for tea but a latte is €2.80.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

We got a couple of cakes there to take away recently, and they're around €1 each cheaper to take away. They were delicious cakes but I still think they're a bit pricey.

*I've moved this into the main Food forum, I think it's better suited to here.

Advertisement