Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Advice & Risco views

Options
  • 24-05-2017 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi All, 
    I've just got the keys to a new house and looking at getting an alarm and maybe a few other bits installed. The house is wired for the alarm.
    Was onto a guy I know who has a security company, they use Risco alarms. I got two quotes from other companies that use HKC systems. 
    What I have is 16 entry points that will be covered, and there will be a motion sensor . 
    The cost of the Risco alarm was coming in over €250 cheaper but the cost of the app is €15 per month which seems expensive to me. This includes two maintenance call outs per year, free upgrades should Risco introduce any upgrades etc . I read a few threads that didn't really rate the Risco systems as they tie you in long term, does anyone have more details on this? 
    Also I was thinking of getting an outdoor camera put at the front and back of the house, this wasn't included in any of the quotes so far. I suppose I wanted the cameras to have access to images of the house if the alarm went off . Any recommendations on what type of set I should go for and what brand/provider would work best for what I'm looking for. Would it work better to buy a system online and get an electrician to install it along with using an app to monitor or go with a local provider to install the system.
    Any advice at all would be massively appreciated, struggling on what to get. 
    Thanks a mill in advance

Advertisement