Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC dialler trying to dial out - how do I stop it?

Options
  • 24-05-2017 11:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had an issue with an open zone even though all windows and doors were closed.

I opened the panel on the zone and it set off the tamper alarm. I then turned the alarm off and entered the engineer code which I should have done in the first place.

Now the dialler is clicking like it is trying to send a message.

I'm using the HKC secure text function.

How can I stop the dialler from clicking as it is not sending anything for some reason?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you have the engineer code simple remove the dialler and delete it from the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

KoolKid wrote: »
    If you have the engineer code simple remove the dialler and delete it from the system.

Any recent issues with the Securetext service from HKC on Vodafone/Eir landlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Any recent issues with the Securetext service from HKC on Vodafone/Eir landlines?

Yes, if the line is VOIP it will not work with Securetext.
    Vodafone are in the process of changing over the lines.
    Eir is to follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

They will only change if they can get away with it. I have had people onto me, they went back to Vodafone and they restored the original line again.

Advertisement