Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CC Late Payment Fees

Options
  • 25-05-2017 7:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I recently switched from a BOI current account to a KBC one. I used their automatic SO/DD switching service and everything seemed to work fine. I received a confirmation letter from you that these had been cancelled.

The next month, the money I pay to a savings account in BOI transferred as expected.

I got a letter yesterday saying my CC bill was overdue. I understand that there "may" be a requirement for me to sign a new mandate, however, can you explain why Bank of Ireland was unable to spot that I would need this given that it was an instruction to Bank of Ireland about moving a Direct Debit from a Bank of Ireland current account that was used to pay a Bank of Ireland Credit Card bill? And why, therefore, I'm on the hook for approx €40 in late fees?

I need to use the card this weekend and have had to pay to unblock the card, however I am thoroughly disappointed in the lack of communication until I had already incurred fees.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

There's a bigger time gap when paying a bill from a non associated bank to a credit card account at BOI than there is between BOI account and BOI credit card. The switching process is probably not designed to care. It just picks the same payment date on the debit side...but it now takes longer on the credit side. This is more KBC's fault than BOIs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

tolosenc wrote: »
    Hi,

I recently switched from a BOI current account to a KBC one. I used their automatic SO/DD switching service and everything seemed to work fine. I received a confirmation letter from you that these had been cancelled.

The next month, the money I pay to a savings account in BOI transferred as expected.

I got a letter yesterday saying my CC bill was overdue. I understand that there "may" be a requirement for me to sign a new mandate, however, can you explain why Bank of Ireland was unable to spot that I would need this given that it was an instruction to Bank of Ireland about moving a Direct Debit from a Bank of Ireland current account that was used to pay a Bank of Ireland Credit Card bill? And why, therefore, I'm on the hook for approx €40 in late fees?

I need to use the card this weekend and have had to pay to unblock the card, however I am thoroughly disappointed in the lack of communication until I had already incurred fees.
    Hi tolosenc,

Thanks for getting in contact with us and really sorry that the switching process has not gone as smoothly as anticipated. We would usually recommend that you would start the account switching process when no direct debit are due out as it can take 10 days to be fully completed. If you have any further questions in relation to the switching process you would need to contact KBC who will liaise with our switching team.

Hope this has been some help
    Thanks again.
    Darren.

Advertisement