Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kayak course/lesson for adult and child

• 25-05-2017 7:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend somewhere in between Dublin and Wexford (we are in Gorey) that do kayak lessons for both adults and kids.
    I've wanted to get a kayak for ages now and want to get my eldest (8 years old) interested aswell, cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Bryankayak

Hi. I would recommend getting involved in a kayak/canoe club to get started. they will have all the kit for you and kid to get going on the water asap. If you were to buy all the kit straight away, it could cost you 100's of euro or even into the €1000's depending on the kit you buy. Clubs will supply you with everything you need and give advice on what to buy and what to avoid. You ca try out a variety of craft and kit before investing into yourself.

There are a great number of clubs about. A very popular and busy one at the moment is in Tullow, but I'm sure there are a few closer to you in Gorey. Check out the canoeing Ireland website http://canoe.ie/clubs/ for details on your nearest club.

Hope that helps.

Advertisement