Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disputing a ban

Options
  • 25-05-2017 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭

I got banned because I had said " There needed to be a final solution " referencing a Katie Hopkins tweet about the terrorist bombings. I did not know this was about ethnic cleansing or was anything to do with Hitler. I meant we need to finally come to a solution to stop any further deaths.
    The poster wonderfullife had called me a racist twice & I guess I had let it wind me up. I lived in London for 19years & have friends of different race/religion. There are a faction of posters who want to shut down discussion on boards & the MODs seem to fall for it everytime. Maybe I should report every post when someone calls me a racist/bigot but I'm not a cry baby. Just because someone has concerns about immigration/Muslims or anything else doesn't give these people the right to cry racist/bigot. They get away with calling people names but when they see a post they think means something they get unto the MODs so they get a ban. I would like a healthy discussion but again there are certain members trying to shut the discussion down. I never appealed my other bans because they were short but I feel this time I am being unfairly treated. Sorry for the long rant

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

First step would be to read the PM you got when banned. It's summarised in the flowchart here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Orion wrote: »
    First step would be to read the PM you got when banned. It's summarised in the flowchart here

Yes did that, tried discussing with MOD, Dispute thread is closed so posted here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

What dispute thread? You have no thread in the Dispute Resolution forum. If you couldn't resolve it with the mod then open a thread in the forum I linked above. It's quite clear on how to appeal a ban - Feedback is not it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Help!!!!

Orion wrote: »
    What dispute thread? You have no thread in the Dispute Resolution forum. If you couldn't resolve it with the mod then open a thread in the forum I linked above. It's quite clear on how to appeal a ban - Feedback is not it.

Ah ok didnt scroll down enough

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved to the Help Desk as this is about specific moderation. Please note that this is a pre-moderated forum.

dudara

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement