Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I ever get fibre

Options
  • 25-05-2017 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

So I'm Shannon co.clare.
    In one a few new house that were built around 3 years ago.
    The houses across the road are able to get fibre and I presume most of the town is.
    So what are the chances we will ever be upgraded here?
    Max speed at the moment is 10mb.

Is there a way to go about getting upgraded?
    What needs to be done.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi XsApollo.

Thanks for getting in touch. 

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here or you can check your line number or address here. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

However, Please feel free to PM me your details if you wish and I will be more than happy to look into this for you :)

Thanks,
    Leanne

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Hi Leanne ,
    Yes I know where to check the rollout.
    And have registered interest for fibre a long time ago and my neighbours did the same.
    My wondering is are they going to bother to come back to upgrade us since most of the area is fibre ready as is.
    And is there a way to get that to happen.

I have checked the line checker and it says I'm available for up 100mb ,
    But entering my adress says otherwise.
    And i PM'ed my details.

Hi XsApollo,

We can only send a technician out to upgrade your line once there has been an order placed in our systems.  However, I will check my PM's now and Ill be back in touch. 

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Also just checking the map, every cabinet in Shannon is fibre and available now,
    And There are 3 cabinets in close proximity of our group of houses.

Hi XsApollo,

We can only send a technician out to upgrade your line once there has been an order placed in our systems.  However, I will check my PM's now and Ill be back in touch. 

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Ok thanks.

• Advertisement

No problem. 

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck

Please, do not waste your time. if you have 10 MB then stick with it. Yes they will tell you up to 100mpb. I was told the same horses**t. Went ahead based on the lies and I am now paying 50 euros a month for 6mps! Save yourself a lot of hours on phone calls and waiting for the engineer (who will arrive between 0900 and 1800) who will then tell you "eir should never have sold you this as you are too far from the exchange. They are a shower of rip off merchants with NO customer service at all!

I have already got my answer from the. Which is below.

I have checked this for you and unfortunately, your line does not qualify for efibre. I can confirm that efibre coverage will not be subject to demand or specific request and until we have a date to advise you only then will we be able to offer the good news.

There is no guarantee of efibre and there is equally no universal obligation to the availability of efibre (as there is for eircom to provide a phone line). More specifically eircom cannot offer you efibre as your line is not served by a cabinet. Further infrastructural detail on the reasons for this will not be offered however I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Hopefully siro provide a connection in the next few years.
    I think Shannon is one of the towns on their list.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck

XsApollo wrote: »
    I have already got my answer from the. Which is below.

I have checked this for you and unfortunately, your line does not qualify for efibre. I can confirm that efibre coverage will not be subject to demand or specific request and until we have a date to advise you only then will we be able to offer the good news.

There is no guarantee of efibre and there is equally no universal obligation to the availability of efibre (as there is for eircom to provide a phone line). More specifically eircom cannot offer you efibre as your line is not served by a cabinet. Further infrastructural detail on the reasons for this will not be offered however I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks,
    Leanne.

Hopefully siro provide a connection  in the next few years.
    I think Shannon is one of the towns on their list.
    No worries and lucky you. I wish they had told me the same thing instead of installing the efibre and THEN telling me it wont really work as I am too far from the cabinet
    Regards

Advertisement