Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email received out of the blue from eir

Options
  • 25-05-2017 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hello,
    I have not been an eir customer since 2016- in fact Pamela helped me close down my account as it was a pretty painful experience. I today received an email out of the blue with the text below. This seems to be related to an account I held at a previous address I moved from in 2015 and which was closed as part of that move. Can you please help me get rid of this artefact in your systems? It really is a waste of time having to deal with this, even more so when I am not even an eir customer.
    Thanks.

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Customer,[/font]
    [font=arial, sans-serif]Your new eir bill is now available to view online.

As you are on paperless billing, you can view your bill simply by registering on My eir using your telephone number and your account number xxxxxx. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
    Register for My eir

Your bill amount is €34.64.

Once you login to My eir, you can view a PDF of your bill, your bill summary and the itemised details of your bill online.

If you are set up for Direct Debit we will automatically take your payment. If not, you can pay your bill within My eir.

If you need help understanding your bill we have a full bill explanation available here: Your Bill Explained.
    Thank you,

Eir
    [/font]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Brandaan wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have not been an eir customer since 2016- in fact Pamela helped me close down my account as it was a pretty painful experience. I today received an email out of the blue with the text below. This seems to be related to an account I held at a previous address I moved from in 2015 and which was closed as part of that move. Can you please help me get rid of this artefact in your systems? It really is a waste of time having to deal with this, even more so when I am not even an eir customer.
    Thanks.

As you are on paperless billing, you can view your bill simply by registering on My eir using your telephone number and your account number xxxxxx. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]
    Register for My eir

Once you login to My eir, you can view a PDF of your bill, your bill summary and the itemised details of your bill online.

If you are set up for Direct Debit we will automatically take your payment. If not, you can pay your bill within My eir.

If you need help understanding your bill we have a full bill explanation available here: Your Bill Explained.
    Thank you,

Eir
    [/font]
    Hi Brandaan, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We are aware of a series of emails being received by members of the public. I can confirm the email you have received has been sent in error. 

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Brandaan

Brandaan wrote: »
    Hello,
    Thanks.

[font=arial, sans-serif]
    Register for My eir

Thank you,

Eir
    [/font]
    Hi Brandaan, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We are aware of a series of emails being received by members of the public. I can confirm the email you have received has been sent in error. 

I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 
    Leanne.
    OK, thanks for confirming - I will keep an eye out for any more email and let you know if it happens again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

No problem. 

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries:) 

Thanks,
    Leanne. 

Advertisement