Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cadetship competition 2017

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dantian

Not sure we get one because our reference is the army, and have already been checked for PDF enlistment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LiamoWex

Dantian wrote: »
    Not sure we get one because our reference is the army, and have already been checked for PDF enlistment.

Good to have the bonus % and the record man. If I get to the Curragh you can show me the ropes :)

It has to be Monday or failing that Sept 1st. They opened a direct entry competiiton for the Naval Officers this week.

Got at offer Friday night at 11pm. Did anyone get an Army or Navy Cadetship offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kodoque

Got an offer last night at 11 for the army, only checked it this morning! Best of luck to everyone else!

Kodoque wrote: »
    Got an offer last night at 11 for the army, only checked it this morning! Best of luck to everyone else!

Army probably offers first man. Well done on the offer. Induction in the last week of September leaving approx 4 weeks of freedom before a serious beasting :)

Good luck to other applicants. What is thr craic with the "pre- enlistment medical?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gurdy

Congrats guys!

Is the Army the only Cadetship that's been offered so far?

Gurdy wrote: »
    Congrats guys!

I haven't heard a peep from any of the Naval Service cadet applicants yet. I am actually in for the Navy myself at reference check stage and I am mad to know if I am getting an offer there as I want to consider both options so I would like to know too. Anyone heard anything?

I would expect that they will come back to people later today or tomorrow. Best of luck to all fellow candidates!

Air Corps Cadetship offers went out last week. Looks to be around 10 of us.

Delighted for you in the Air Corps. Not keen on heights myself :D. Are ye starting 25th Sept as well?

Gurdy wrote: »
    Congrats guys!

Hi All,

I just heard from a PM that Navy and Army were offered last Friday. Air Corps have also been offered last week. Good luck to all hoping to make a decision by Aug 31st.

I hope this helps anyone awaiting word and just from PM's i note a number of Navy offers taking the Army so keep positive guys.

Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mmk123

I've heard a few people saying they got a cadetship offer on Friday. Still haven't heard anything but they contacted my references on Friday. Does this mean I am unlikely to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Gurdy

Mmk123 wrote: »
    I've heard a few people saying they got a cadetship offer on Friday. Still haven't heard anything but they contacted my references on Friday. Does this mean I am unlikely to get it?

It's a good sign I'd say! They didn't contact my referees at all. Which cadetship are you going for? I only applied for the Navy.

Thanks hopefully anyways I just thought maybe they are taking too long to get back to me since they offered a lot of people on Friday. I'm going for army, best of luck! Hopefully they are just a bit slow about it.

Thanks hopefully anyways I just thought maybe they are taking too long to get back to me since they offered a lot of people on Friday. I'm going for army, best of luck! Hopefully they are just a bit slow about it.

Looks very positive MMk123. I dont know any more than what I have all ready posted but i would expect a second wave of offers on Thursday 31st Aug or 1st Sept as last Friday's offers have to be accepted by Thursday 31st.

I have accepted but have not been reference checked yet. Maybe they are only checking people after the acceptance or people on the panel??

Looks very positive MMk123. I dont know any more than what I have all ready posted but i would expect a second wave of offers on Thursday 31st Aug or 1st Sept as last Friday's offers have to be accepted by Thursday 31st.

I have accepted but have not been reference checked yet. Maybe they are only checking people after the acceptance or people on the panel??

LiamoWex wrote: »

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully they do release more, thought it was odd to collect a reference for someone and then not contact them. Congrats on your offer! Yeah I was thinking then maybe they checked because I was on a reserve list or something.

The order of merit places were released today. Anyone awiting further details I wish you great luck and remember what it means to get this far.

I know a number of people that have accepted the Army over the Navy. I hope all men and women up to at least 10 on the panel get a shout as there is always at least a 15% drop out rate.

I will not be on this now for some time. It took me 5 tries to get a Cadetship. I suggest anyone to keep applying if it is your passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Insertname

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I've some IDF related questions I need to find the answers to before going near applying

I seem to remember reading before that joining the army meant you had to swear off joining a political party ever. Is this still the case? Is it true for reserves? Have I got my facts completely un-straight?!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Anyone get feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jenni_495

Hello, I just want to ask a quick question about the weighin on the fitness test day. I am slightly below the weight requirement (i was very below but have been bulking like mad!) and was told by some officers to wear heavy clothing etc to help me get over the mark. So my question is for anyone who has already been through it, will I be weighed immediately before doing the pushups etc.? Or will i have a couple of minutes to “de-layer” 🙈

Any insight anyone could give would be brilliant, thanks ☺️

• Advertisement

jenni_495 wrote: »
    Hello, I just want to ask a quick question about the weighin on the fitness test day. I am slightly below the weight requirement (i was very below but have been bulking like mad!) and was told by some officers to wear heavy clothing etc to help me get over the mark. So my question is for anyone who has already been through it, will I be weighed immediately before doing the pushups etc.? Or will i have a couple of minutes to “de-layer” 🙈

Any insight anyone could give would be brilliant, thanks ☺️

You get weighed at the very start

BadBannana wrote: »
    You get weighed at the very start

Ah ok cool thanks a mill! 65kg weight minimum is killing me, started at 52kg and am now 60kg- 5kg to go! 😅

Ah ok cool thanks a mill! 65kg weight minimum is killing me, started at 52kg and am now 60kg- 5kg to go! 😅

Jeez 52? You short or skinny?

Nice work on the weight gain though. I went from 65kg to 90kg so I know the struggle

Jeez 52? You short or skinny?

Nice work on the weight gain though. I went from 65kg to 90kg so I know the struggle

Short and skinny ha! I’m 5ft3”, I was a powerlifter in the under 52kg’s so always kept my weight low but taking a break from that now for this. First few kgs flew on but I’m struggling now. Wow fair play with your own weight gain that’s brilliant! Send a few of those kgs my way ha!

Short and skinny ha! I’m 5ft3”, I was a powerlifter in the under 52kg’s so always kept my weight low but taking a break from that now for this. First few kgs flew on but I’m struggling now. Wow fair play with your own weight gain that’s brilliant! Send a few of those kgs my way ha!

I'm 6'1 so I went on a bit of dreamer bulk and hit a fluffy 95 at one stage. Currently trying to keep the weight at 90 and the cardio up for all the tests.

If you stomach can take it start pounding milk/protein shakes after meals

I'm 6'1 so I went on a bit of dreamer bulk and hit a fluffy 95 at one stage. Currently trying to keep the weight at 90 and the cardio up for all the tests.

If you stomach can take it start pounding milk/protein shakes after meals

Yeah milky protein shakes are my best friend these days. Thinking I will start taking a mass gainer if I get through the online tests, don’t want to do that to myself until necessary. I’ll be raging if I’ve piled it all on for nothing. Had to completely cut out cardio, I’m only running once a week to make sure I can still do the run within the time limit.

Are you going for the Air Corp?

• Advertisement

Yeah milky protein shakes are my best friend these days. Thinking I will start taking a mass gainer if I get through the online tests, don’t want to do that to myself until necessary. I’ll be raging if I’ve piled it all on for nothing. Had to completely cut out cardio, I’m only running once a week to make sure I can still do the run within the time limit.

Are you going for the Air Corp?

Nah, the army, too tall for planes!

Nah, the army, too tall for planes!

Damn all these requirements! The army will be awesome as well, best of luck with it and thanks so much for the advice! Perhaps we will meet along the way ☺️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There's a minimum weight? Never saw that in terms and conditions. Is that AC only?

There's a minimum weight? Never saw that in terms and conditions. Is that AC only?

Should be everyone really

Not sure about the army or navy but for AC there is a minimum weight of 65kg. It used to be 50kg but they bought new cartridges for the ejector seats in the training planes that have higher requirements. So perhaps army and navy are still 50kg...

• Advertisement
Advertisement