Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cadetship competition 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LiamoWex

Hi All,

I got progressed to reference stage in late July/ early August. Anyone else at the same stage? Did they call your referees?

I would expect offers to come next week as it was Late Aug or Sept 1 last year but the wait is killing me. Please share your own experiences if in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dantian

LiamoWex wrote: »
    Hi All,

I got progressed to reference stage in late July/ early August. Anyone else at the same stage? Did they call your referees?

I would expect offers to come next week as it was Late Aug or Sept 1 last year but the wait is killing me. Please share your own experiences if in the same boat.

Medicals were this morning for those that outright passed the interview. Not sure what the craic is with references

Anyone else any info?

Dantian wrote: »
    Medicals were this morning for those that outright passed the interview. Not sure what the craic is with references

Anyone else any info?

I am a Navy and Army candidate so I had passed the Navy medical and it counted for the Army also. My medical was designated for 18th of May for the Army so I would love to know what the craic is.

Anyone else at medical/reference stage?

Thanks

I am a Navy and Army candidate so I had passed the Navy medical and it counted for the Army also. My medical was designated for 18th of May for the Army so I would love to know what the craic is.

Anyone else at medical/reference stage?

Thanks

Are you talking about the cadetships?

Because there have been a quiet a few medicals for the army cadetships, and since those currently in the Pdf have to go get a second medical it would be odd for them to just take for granted that you are as a physically well now as you were in May. Especially when this is the last stage, post interview before offers.

Did you get the letter at the start of august saying you passed the interview?

Are you talking about the cadetships?

Because there have been a quiet a few medicals for the army cadetships, and since those currently in the Pdf have to go get a second medical it would be odd for them to just take for granted that you are as a physically well now as you were in May. Especially when this is the last stage, post interview before offers.

Did you get the letter at the start of august saying you passed the interview?

I am not in the PDF or in the PDF Recruitment campaign. This is cadetship medical only and my Navy Medical was in July straight after the interview. The competition section confirmed that the medical was passed by the MONS, which the Army subsequently confirmed.

The reference check email came in the first week of August. There was no declaration of an offer or anything of the sort as the Order of Merit is only available after the last Army Medicals which are taking place on Wednesday 23rd of August.

Have you had a medical? Best of luck with it man.

Thanks

• Advertisement

thats great!! congrats!

How did your army interview go?

Medical is tomorrow! fingers crossed, although currently in the PDF so hopefully no surprises in terms of fitness to serve.

thats great!! congrats!

How did your army interview go?

Medical is tomorrow! fingers crossed, although currently in the PDF so hopefully no surprises in terms of fitness to serve.

You will be fine mate. Ye lucky men and women get a bonus % :) i am sure your medical will be fine ye guys should be fighting fit.

The inv went well, they ask a lot of cheeky questions to test the confodance but I was very happy with my conversations and I got a medical so happy days. The fury comes from waiting for an offer or place to be announced now. How was yours?

Have you got the reference check email form to fill out yet? They may have actioned mine as I passed the medical "early" thanks to the NS cadetship competition.

I would appreciate a heads up here if anyone hears anything or is at the same stage.

Last army medicals happened Wednesday lads. Shouldnt be too long now!

FML!!! this wait is awful!!

I was kind of hoping for today!

FML!!! this wait is awful!!

I was kind of hoping for today!

Keep the faith mate. Did you get an email post medical for reference checking?

• Advertisement

Not sure we get one because our reference is the army, and have already been checked for PDF enlistment.

Not sure we get one because our reference is the army, and have already been checked for PDF enlistment.

Good to have the bonus % and the record man. If I get to the Curragh you can show me the ropes :)

It has to be Monday or failing that Sept 1st. They opened a direct entry competiiton for the Naval Officers this week.

Got at offer Friday night at 11pm. Did anyone get an Army or Navy Cadetship offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kodoque

Got an offer last night at 11 for the army, only checked it this morning! Best of luck to everyone else!

Kodoque wrote: »
    Got an offer last night at 11 for the army, only checked it this morning! Best of luck to everyone else!

Army probably offers first man. Well done on the offer. Induction in the last week of September leaving approx 4 weeks of freedom before a serious beasting :)

Good luck to other applicants. What is thr craic with the "pre- enlistment medical?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gurdy

Congrats guys!

Is the Army the only Cadetship that's been offered so far?

Gurdy wrote: »
    Congrats guys!

I haven't heard a peep from any of the Naval Service cadet applicants yet. I am actually in for the Navy myself at reference check stage and I am mad to know if I am getting an offer there as I want to consider both options so I would like to know too. Anyone heard anything?

I would expect that they will come back to people later today or tomorrow. Best of luck to all fellow candidates!

Air Corps Cadetship offers went out last week. Looks to be around 10 of us.

Delighted for you in the Air Corps. Not keen on heights myself :D. Are ye starting 25th Sept as well?

Gurdy wrote: »
    Congrats guys!

Hi All,

I just heard from a PM that Navy and Army were offered last Friday. Air Corps have also been offered last week. Good luck to all hoping to make a decision by Aug 31st.

I hope this helps anyone awaiting word and just from PM's i note a number of Navy offers taking the Army so keep positive guys.

Best of luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mmk123

I've heard a few people saying they got a cadetship offer on Friday. Still haven't heard anything but they contacted my references on Friday. Does this mean I am unlikely to get it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Gurdy

Mmk123 wrote: »
    I've heard a few people saying they got a cadetship offer on Friday. Still haven't heard anything but they contacted my references on Friday. Does this mean I am unlikely to get it?

It's a good sign I'd say! They didn't contact my referees at all. Which cadetship are you going for? I only applied for the Navy.

Thanks hopefully anyways I just thought maybe they are taking too long to get back to me since they offered a lot of people on Friday. I'm going for army, best of luck! Hopefully they are just a bit slow about it.

Thanks hopefully anyways I just thought maybe they are taking too long to get back to me since they offered a lot of people on Friday. I'm going for army, best of luck! Hopefully they are just a bit slow about it.

Looks very positive MMk123. I dont know any more than what I have all ready posted but i would expect a second wave of offers on Thursday 31st Aug or 1st Sept as last Friday's offers have to be accepted by Thursday 31st.

I have accepted but have not been reference checked yet. Maybe they are only checking people after the acceptance or people on the panel??

Looks very positive MMk123. I dont know any more than what I have all ready posted but i would expect a second wave of offers on Thursday 31st Aug or 1st Sept as last Friday's offers have to be accepted by Thursday 31st.

I have accepted but have not been reference checked yet. Maybe they are only checking people after the acceptance or people on the panel??

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully they do release more, thought it was odd to collect a reference for someone and then not contact them. Congrats on your offer! Yeah I was thinking then maybe they checked because I was on a reserve list or something.

The order of merit places were released today. Anyone awiting further details I wish you great luck and remember what it means to get this far.

I know a number of people that have accepted the Army over the Navy. I hope all men and women up to at least 10 on the panel get a shout as there is always at least a 15% drop out rate.

I will not be on this now for some time. It took me 5 tries to get a Cadetship. I suggest anyone to keep applying if it is your passion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Insertname

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but I've some IDF related questions I need to find the answers to before going near applying

I seem to remember reading before that joining the army meant you had to swear off joining a political party ever. Is this still the case? Is it true for reserves? Have I got my facts completely un-straight?!

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

Anyone get feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jenni_495

Hello, I just want to ask a quick question about the weighin on the fitness test day. I am slightly below the weight requirement (i was very below but have been bulking like mad!) and was told by some officers to wear heavy clothing etc to help me get over the mark. So my question is for anyone who has already been through it, will I be weighed immediately before doing the pushups etc.? Or will i have a couple of minutes to “de-layer” 🙈

Any insight anyone could give would be brilliant, thanks ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭BadBannana

jenni_495 wrote: »
    Hello, I just want to ask a quick question about the weighin on the fitness test day. I am slightly below the weight requirement (i was very below but have been bulking like mad!) and was told by some officers to wear heavy clothing etc to help me get over the mark. So my question is for anyone who has already been through it, will I be weighed immediately before doing the pushups etc.? Or will i have a couple of minutes to “de-layer” 🙈

Any insight anyone could give would be brilliant, thanks ☺️

You get weighed at the very start

Advertisement