Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Personal Best Trout of 7lb 11" on the Mayfly

Options
  • 25-05-2017 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Wrapped up a great week on the lake last sunday with a new personal best Trout of 7lb 11" dapping a Mayfly.

Conditions were hairy enough with nice 2-3 foot rollers but I suppose ideal for dapping.
    We had already had a cracking day with 3 trout landed, 1.5lbs, 3.5lbs and 4.5lbs when i hooked into this monster.
    The take was subtle enough but when he started stripping line off my new Okuma reel i knew it wasn't a small fish.
    The best scrap i've ever had with a trout and with the boat getting pushed into the rocks and constantly having to drive out it just added to the battle, after about 25 minutes and with the fish actually breaking the net in 2 and me with a dead arm we had it in the boat!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Wow what a trout.
    Well done man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Cracking trout, lovely fat well-fed fish. Well done. What lake, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

beautiful fish! well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

Yeah it was an unbelievably fat fish!!! Before we weighed him we were thinking "over 6" my previous best was 6lb 4" so I was just hoping I had beat that.

I'm an Athlone man so was fishing Lough Ree.

Advertisement