Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boundary Wall & Anti-social behaviour

• 25-05-2017 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Having issues with teenagers messing in my garden, in my driveway, throwing rubbish in my garden, sitting on my wall and breaking branches off the over hanging tree.

Have installed sensor lights and cameras but no luck moving them on.

If I put axel grease on my wall am I liable for any costs as regards damaging clothes etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

kilburn wrote: »
    If I put axel grease on my wall am I liable for any costs as regards damaging clothes etc

That might be the least of it if one of them slips and it causes a serious injury!

This link might help you out.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/children_and_young_offenders/anti_social_behaviour_by_children.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Dogsh1t on the wall is much more effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 AidanH111

aujopimur wrote: »
    Make nature your ally by planting a hedge to keep them off your wall, and fertilise generously with manure.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

AidanH111 wrote: »
    Make nature your ally by planting a hedge to keep them off your wall, and fertilise generously with manure.

If you can handle it, horse manure is great for stopping teens hanging around due to the smell. Though, you do have to suffer! It's worth it, though. Typica;;y, once they find somewhere else to hangout they don't come back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

aujopimur wrote: »

I second this, although it may lead to retaliation etc.
    Safest longterm bet might just to be grow a hedge that's ~6 inches taller than the wall?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

When you see them sitting on the wall go outside with a cup of tea and sit up beside them and start chatting on your mobile phone.
    Do it every time.
    Say absolutely nothing to them just ignore them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

AidanH111 wrote: »

That's fine until the pesky teenagers start using the hedge as a rubbish tip for empty cans, packets of crisps, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭Lmklad

You can get "anti-climbing" paint in most hard ware stores. I think it even supplies a sign stating the paint is there, for you to hang on your wall.

Alternatively maybe chatting with their parents and letting them know of the damage and littering that might sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Lmklad wrote: »
    You can get "anti-climbing" paint in most hard ware stores. I think it even supplies a sign stating the paint is there, for you to hang on your wall.

I have that paint on my wall. I do wonder what would happen if they slip. Does the sign have to be displayed?

Advertisement