Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Australia with a level 6 in computing

• 25-05-2017 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm looking at moving to Australia for a few years next summer, I'll only have 2 years of college behind me. I'll have s level 6 in computing with it management.

Would there be my jobs over there with my qualifications?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Shivs123 wrote: »
    I'm looking at moving to Australia for a few years next summer, I'll only have 2 years of college behind me. I'll have s level 6 in computing with it management.

Would there be my jobs over there with my qualifications?

I'm not sure what the job market would be like for your qualifications. I would imagine without experience you would struggle to get anything decent.
    What visa do you intend to come over on? I assume it will be a working holiday as you wouldn't qualify for any other visa.
    Due to the abolition of the 457 visa next year sponsorship will not be an option so your chances of staying past 2 years on a working holiday after doing regional work in your first year to stay for a second year would be slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Shivs123

aido79 wrote: »
    I'm not sure what the job market would be like for your qualifications. I would imagine without experience you would struggle to get anything decent.
    What visa do you intend to come over on? I assume it will be a working holiday as you wouldn't qualify for any other visa.
    Due to the abolition of the 457 visa next year sponsorship will not be an option so your chances of staying past 2 years on a working holiday after doing regional work in your first year to stay for a second year would be slim.

My dad is Australian so I'll more than likely apply for citizenship before I go over.😊

Shivs123 wrote: »
    My dad is Australian so I'll more than likely apply for citizenship before I go over.😊

That'll make it alot easier and make you more employable because you won't have to contend with visa restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

Due to the abolition of the 457 visa next year sponsorship will not be an option
    This is an exageration. the 457 is being replaced by a more stringent visa not abolished. and there will still be alot of IT on the skills list as far as I can see -> Analyst Programmer, Computer Network & Systems Engineer, Developer Programmer, ICT Business Analyst, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst,
    http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/mltssl
    The problem is I think you need experiance now before you can get sponsored (but in reality this was always the case anyway)
    https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/457-abolition-replacement
    "a requirement for visa applicants to have at least two years’ work experience in their skilled occupation"
    It sounds like you have a path to citizenship anyway like I had so happy days : ) Melbourne or Sydney are going to be your best options for IT work...
    although things have slowed up over there compared to booming IT in ireland so you might be best get some experiance under your belt here first in reality..

Morshlac wrote: »
    This is an exageration. the 457 is being replaced by a more stringent visa not abolished. and there will still be alot of IT on the skills list as far as I can see -> Analyst Programmer, Computer Network & Systems Engineer, Developer Programmer, ICT Business Analyst, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst,
    http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Work/Skills-assessment-and-assessing-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/mltssl
    The problem is I think you need experiance now before you can get sponsored (but in reality this was always the case anyway)
    https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work/457-abolition-replacement
    "a requirement for visa applicants to have at least two years’ work experience in their skilled occupation"
    It sounds like you have a path to citizenship anyway like I had so happy days : ) Melbourne or Sydney are going to be your best options for IT work...
    although things have slowed up over there compared to booming IT in ireland so you might be best get some experiance under your belt here first in reality..

I should have said sponsorship will not be as easy an option as it previously would have been.
    Either way the OP will not be seeking sponsorship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Morshlac

I should have said sponsorship will not be as easy an option as it previously would have been.
    Either way the OP will not be seeking sponsorship.
    Fair enough.

Advertisement