Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living along the canal/Luas line

Options
  • 25-05-2017 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I am looking at moving to Kilmainham/Inchicore somewhere in the Devoy Road/Suir Road area. My overall knowledge of Dublin is not great despite living in Ringsend and then Ranelagh over the last couple of years. I'm guessing transport to town will be handy and there should be decent ameneties being close to Inchicore and Kilmainham? Is this a decent area? Is it rough/unsafe? Also importantly where is good to go for a pint nearby?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think you'll find the area quite mixed, some nice streets, some rough ones.

There is a Tesco Express in Inchicore and a Lidl in Thomas Street.

Crumlin Shopping Centre has a Dunnes, but I don't think it has much else.

Depending on exact location, beware of railway noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

plenty of bars in inchicore/Emmet Roaf hope you like St Pats football club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

It's a decent area but amenity wise if you're used to the likes of Ranelagh you're going to be left wanting, a couple of Spars and a Tesco Express, you have to go a bit further a field for larger supermarkets. A few restaurants, and couple of Chinese takeaways but that's the extent of it really. Not even a decent chipper up this end.

It's handy for town with the Luas, but between the heavy traffic during rush hour going through the area, Suir Rd and SCR particularly, and the cross city works the buses can be hit and miss. 45 minutes to walk in, and there are a few DB stations nearby.

I don't find the area unsafe or rough but I do see bags of empty cans and signs or fires left at certain spots on the canal from time to time, I'd be reluctant to be living beside that - may never be an issue but it's there.

Pub wise I'd go to Donoghues(The Glen), The Royal Oak, and The Patriot around this end, The Blacklion if I'm in the village, and Slatts if I'm up near the Oblates.

Any questions feel free to fire me a PM.

D.

Advertisement