Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro Stage19 San Candido/Innichen – Piancavallo, 191 km

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Daroxtar wrote: »
    From Twitter
    DS of @TeamSunweb @iwanspekenbrink cornfirms they attacked when Dumoulin went for a pee break. (Via @bobbietraksel)

Pretty poor show tbh, if you can't beat him fair and square, bend the un-written rules so it seems. Was ouch and go there for Tom for a good while but he got lucky with the makeup of the split, a lot of teams with good reasons to chase it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Well that was an opportunity missed by Bahrain. Movistar & FDJ

"Ours and Movistars tactics worked perfectly" Ha Ha Ha - lets see if he comes out with this again today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Sunweb DS confirmed to RAI that Tom wasn't on a toilet break when they attacked.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sunweb DS confirmed to RAI that Tom wasn't on a toilet break when they attacked.

Where will people direct their outrage now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Weepsie wrote: »
    Where will people direct their outrage now!!

They'll be hoping the most negative version is proved true, so not only can Dumoulin win, but his biggest rivals can be morally crushed underfoot as the lowest of villains also.

So can Landa finally get his stage win?

Wow Trek throwing bottles
    EDIT: Good reaction from the Movistart rider. He'd cut across sparking the bottle been thrown at him. 200 frac fine there at least I'd say

Rory Sutherland did very well to keep his cool after a Trek rider fired his bottle at him cos Sutherland unintentionally cutting across him a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Wow Trek throwing bottles
    EDIT: Good reaction from the Movistart rider. He'd cut across sparking the bottle been thrown at him. 200 frac fine there at least I'd say

It looked like the Trek rider ahead actually cut off Sutherland first then he was maneovering back in line?

Still though a bit of an over reaction throwing the bottle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

TD bluffing or suffering???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

What's going on with Dumoulin? Is he struggling or is he toying with them?

Hopefully Landa can get this today, he's certainly worked in pursuit of a state over today and previous days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

velo.2010 wrote: »
    What's going on with Dumoulin? Is he struggling or is he toying with them?

Just riding to his own pace I think. Hope to see him close back up before the end of the stage.

Quintana fcuked?

TD is lucky the others aren't in great shape.

Landa has his sprint tactics sorted out today, he's made sure there isn't one :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

How much is TD suffering, and how much is he sitting back and waiting for the ITT into Milan, knowing that time he loses now, he gets back, and more, then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

3km to go. No one pushing Quintana to go into oink today me thinks, until the ITT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

About 1.5km to go and Nobali and Quintana finally attack and looks like TD's prediction of Pinot taking a podium could be more likely

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Good to see Mikel finally Landa win

How much is TD suffering, and how much is he sitting back and waiting for the ITT into Milan, knowing that time he loses now, he gets back, and more, then?

You serious? Nothing is guaranteed. 3rd last stage in a Giro you don't take risks like that. What if he loses another minute or 90 secs tomorrow?

Yesterday's 'pissing with' his rivals wasn't a great idea.

Quintana and Nibali are not in a good place though, physically. Nibali has been known to spring back before. All to play for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Another minute out of Dumoulin tomorrow might just do it for Quintana come Sunday. None of the main GC guys have really covered themselves in glory TBH. I still want Dumoulin to win though.

What's the last climb like tomorrow? It seems to be roughly 14k with a bit under 1,000 mts climbing. Wonder what the gradients are like and if it's consistent or really steep for a few kms and if so which ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Top 6 within 90 seconds of each other with 2 stages to go...dont remember any recent gt being that close

Here is tomorrow

https://twitter.com/evapinilla21/status/868132602099769344

Nico Roche is backing Tibo Pino ...I think it is possible for him to win it..coming into form as others tire

https://twitter.com/nicholasroche/status/868122749956485120

Nico Roche is backing Tibo Pino ...I think it is possible for him to win it..coming into form as others tire

He's possibly the best TT'er apart from Tom no? If he doesn't ship any time tomorrow he's close to capable of overturning his 53 second deficit to Nairo I think.

Tom Dumoulin on today's early action:

"I had bad legs from the start and I made a rookie mistake at the beginning, sitting at the back of the bunch on the downhill. Then Bahrain and Movistar split the bunch and I was in the second group and needed, with my bad legs, to go to the maximum to come back, in the middle of the stage. So that was really unnecessary."

So chapeau to those who attacked & sparking things to life. Even though they got back on, maybe it helped widen the cracks for the last climb even though Nibali & Quintana themselves obviously weren't exactly flying either.

Inquitus wrote: »
    He's possibly the best TT'er apart from Tom no? If he doesn't ship any time tomorrow he's close to capable of overturning his 53 second deficit to Nairo I think.

Though he was quite poor in the first tt. This Giro is showing though that there can be all kinds of peaks & troughs over 3 weeks of racing.

• Advertisement

Advertisement