Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 16), May 26-30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

After the rubbish we produced on Monday night I'm just hoping for a decent performance tomorrow night. We have to reduce the number of mistakes we've made this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Can't see us beating Cabinteely...

Is it October yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I can see Shamrock beating us tomorrow night. We have to lose sooner or later and feel this is the time :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Referee for Cork v Rovers: Jim McKell

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

gimmick wrote: »
    I can see Shamrock beating us tomorrow night. We have to lose sooner or later and feel this is the time :(

If they "batter" us again we'll most certainly win 2-1 like the last time.

Think we'll win and I think we'll win comfortably, 3-0 City in goals but a 2 nil loss to Shamrock in crossbar shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Good chance to pick up 3pts away at Drogs.

CHealy wrote: »
    If they "batter" us again we'll most certainly win 2-1 like the last time.

Think we'll win and I think we'll win comfortably, 3-0 City in goals but a 2 nil loss to Shamrock in crossbar shots.

15 points clear and my default negativity setting has never been louder :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Rovers are preconditioned to lose in Cork & Derry & aside the odd blemish every 10 years or so I cant see that changing anytime soon. Cork are a banker tonight.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

If not tonight then definitely next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭srfc d16

Question for the Cork fans. Will tickets be available for away fans at the gate as usual or will we need to buy them in advance from Ticketmaster?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We never bloody win in Galway

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Question for the Cork fans. Will tickets be available for away fans at the gate as usual or will we need to buy them in advance from Ticketmaster?

I dont actually know but assume there will be an away allocation at ne of the huts/on the gate tonight.

But why not just use the ticketmaster option anyway?

srfc d16 wrote: »

There is always an allocation kept on the gate for away fans unless otherwise stated, I dont believe there was any announcement that Rovers fans would have to buy through their club?

Really looking forward to this now, should be a massive crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

GLaDOS wrote: »

We don't get comments like that usually so it's nice to hear! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Hopefully that runs continues tonight. :D

DvB wrote: »
    Rovers are preconditioned to lose in Cork & Derry & aside the odd blemish every 10 years or so I cant see that changing anytime soon. Cork are a banker tonight.

just getting to ten minutes still at 0-0 would be an improvement on recent games down there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ye sorted that. We were awful first half, never got going until ye scored. Both of your goals were brilliantly taken too, especially Fitzgeralds volley. We were far better second half, ye were on the ropes for all of it but ye broke the game up quite well Supple made a couple of good saves. Bad, bad night for us.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

:D:D:D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

:D:D:D

:cool:

Gladly would've taken 6 points from 9 from Bray, Limerick, Galway. Looking forward to Drogs next week!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Disappointing albeit unsurprising result last night in Richmond. Didn't create enough to threaten the Dundalk goal often enough. Lunney and Markey were our best players. Fagan was poor and looked exhausted after 70 minutes. Dundalk were fine without being spectaular. Good free kick from Duffy for their first.

• Advertisement

Jaysus Rovers sliced Bray apart, hard to believe they won the first game 4-2. 5-0 would not have been flattering. Fortunate first goal, but Bray look like they need the break.

Nice to bounce back so soon after that undeserved result in cork. Hopefully more of the same come Friday. Before yesterday I'd have settled for 4/6 in the two fixtures but with Bray being well beaten the way they were I'd be disappointed now not to get the full 6/6, and anyway we owe Pats a beating.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Nice to bounce back so soon after that undeserved result in cork. Hopefully more of the same come Friday. Before yesterday I'd have settled for 4/6 in the two fixtures but with Bray being well beaten the way they were I'd be disappointed now not to get the full 6/6, and anyway we owe Pats a beating.

What?

What?

Pretty clear IMO.

Cork never deserved to win that game by three goals, the red card that TV replays have shown to be anything but, would reinforce that opinion.
    Up until that point Rovers looked far from likely to get well beaten & even after that undeserved red card the scoreline didnt reflect the balance of the game.

Cork may have deserved to win, but not by 4-1.

Pretty clear IMO.

Cork never deserved to win that game by three goals, the red card that TV replays have shown to be anything but, would reinforce that opinion.
    Up until that point Rovers looked far from likely to get well beaten & even after that undeserved red card the scoreline didnt reflect the balance of the game.

Cork may have deserved to win, but not by 4-1.

You on a wind up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The 4-1 was not fair reflection of the game, but it was a clear sending off. Tackle at knee height length. Was a disgraceful challenge and anyone who thinks otherwise is just on wind up

You on a wind up?

No.
    It was never a red card.
    Just because a few thousand cork fans were screaming for it doesn't make it so.

No.
    It was never a red card.
    Just because a few thousand cork fans were screaming for it doesn't make it so.

How about your own manager who admitted it was? It happened right in front of me and it was never ever going to be any other colour other than red, stupid tackle.

How about your own manager who admitted it was? It happened right in front of me and it was never ever going to be any other colour other than red, stupid tackle.

To be blunt, I dont particularly care what Bradley said to the press straight afterwards, he had his vantage point & I have mine, & my opinion is based on what I've seen, & unless someone can show me footage from another angle I haven't seen anything to suggest a change of opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

To be blunt, I dont particularly care what Bradley said to the press straight afterwards, he had his vantage point & I have mine, & my opinion is based on what I've seen, & unless someone can show me footage from another angle I haven't seen anything to suggest a change of opinion.

Rovers were playing pretty well but it was a nailed on red card. Completely went for and took out Seanie after the ball high up his leg, huge rush of blood to the head. Sitting in the nearest stand you could clearly see it, and nothing to do with 'fans screaming for it'. If it was a City player that tackled like that and got sent off needlessly I'd be royally pissed off with him.

Advertisement