Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

parts and possibly amazon

Options
  • 25-05-2017 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

building my own Pc at moment,looking for ddr4 2133 2x8gb and pentium g5670 but having problems with amazon and buying through the internet. part picker gives loads of cheap options and ive seen all the german sites,Kmplett etc. but finding it difficult to work..with amazon they wont allow the ram or cpu into country.if i basket the ram then cpu they wont allow cpu and vice versa as theirs a rule on components outside UK.would prefer amazon as i want to get it delivered to work but happy to learn how parcel motel will work or will it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just order from Mindfactory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭mcdaids69

is their a drop down menu on mind factory for english speaking,i found good prices on it but got confused when it came to the address line,

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭minitrue

I presume you meant G4560 which means if you are using a latest generation board (B250/H270/Z270) you really want DDR4-2400 not 2133. Also if you aren't using a latest gen board then you might need an older cpu to flash the board firmware before you can use your new cpu with it!

As for mindfactory, the usual suggestion is to use Chrome's in-built translation.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/6Q648d/msi-motherboard-b150mprovdh

im going from their stats in left side.(ddr4 etc)

,as of flashing never heard of that,board is new in box with cds for bios etc.assumed place parts, boot cds and it would all work

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/3053/HvCP3m.png is the address i dont understand to use mindfactory

thanks for all help in advance

That's a B150 board so it indeed only does DDR4-2133. I'm out the door and the MSI site hates my browser but I'm pretty sure the original "bios" won't support your cpu. You might be lucky and your board might come with a new enough version already but there's a good chance it won't and you would need an older cpu to flash it before you could use a G4560 :(

• Advertisement

ill check MSi but i have CD with MB i assumed that was on it,...i can surf here if u name what im looking for..ull be saving me a toms hardware question :D

will go with parcel motel,a buddy works with amazon and explained that CPu cant be shipped to address but can with parcel motel..ill leave mindfactory as its more expensive.will have to open new thread about flash cpu? or is ok to chat here?

The board likely won't boot without a cpu that will work with the firmware that is on it (though I've heard of boards that can be updated without a cpu). There have been plenty of threads from people looking for anyone to loan them a cpu for a few minutes just to update the firmware :-/ It's possible the board is new and comes with a new enough firmware but I think you will have a hard time figuring that out. Looks like they released the updated firmware for the new cpus end of October/beginning of November so if you can find any date on the board/box and it's earlier then that you will know you have a problem, even if you find a later date though I wouldn't presume it has the new firmware :(

Pretty much everyone else calls the board firmware "bios" still even when it isn't, so feel free to read bios where I say firmware if it makes it clearer to you.

ya just checked the serial nov 2015 sn601-7982-060b1511000790. i have core duo in my old PC im thinking it wont work tho.order went thru so i will be attempting this ,will hunt thru threads wen parts come hopefully it will just boot,but i can always use a USB stick i presume with new bios drivers from MSi site (i hope)

Unless it's one of those miracle boards that will update the firmware even without a cpu then no, you can't just throw in a usb stick. It's not "drivers" you need to update to support the cpu but the boards firmware itself (what everyone else calls the bios).

A core duo won't work. You'll probably need one of the Skylake processors from https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B150M-PRO-VDH.html#support-cpu

If you don't have a friend who can sort you out you can try asking here to see if there's anyone local to you who can help you out or you might find a local shop who would help you out.

• Advertisement

Intel Pentium Kaby Lake g4560 is wat ive got ordered says its supported in list..but i know wat u mean about dates buddy of mine local here has A g4600
    It's a skylark only 2 cores 2 threads..might do trick

G4600 is also Kaby Lake but I guess (hope) you meant G4400 if it's "only" 2 cores and threads and that would be perfect for you. Your cpu is supported, but only once the firmware is at a new enough version.

will have to wait and see wen time comes wen its delivered,im in cork area with a few buddys with good enough PCs so hopefully few people might be able to help

Advertisement