Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a foundation for me!

Options
  • 25-05-2017 8:33pm

I'm looking for recommendations for foundation & powders.
    I don't use much make up, Im early 40s, skin can be dry, reasonable atm though.
    I tend to use garnier bb cream in pale during the day.
    I do have a Mac foundation, it looks good when on but it's not very natural looking & it seems to cake into the one wrinkle I have! I'd like to hide it!
    So, some makes that are light with good cover is what I'm looking for really? I don't want to spend hundreds, but don't mind spending money for a decent one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭jo2509

I recently bought the NARS tinted moisturiser. Decent coverage, good lasting power and SPF30.

Prior to that i had been using MAC Pro Longwear but was finding it a bit too heavy and cakey like you say.

If you dont need major covereage i really recommend the NARS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

Whatever foundation you go for, I really find a good primer to be absolutely key. I adore Benefits Porefessional primer, and I'm currently using Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and I love it. But the odd day I'm lazy and go primer-less, I really notice the difference.

Also I'd recommend Lush Emotional Brilliance as powder, and Essence Setting Spray is my current go-to. But emphasis on the primer and finishing products, rather than the foundation itself!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 lulut

hi. im 43 and i struggled to find a natural looking light foundation with good coverage. I think i have found it in Estee double wear light. Doesnt settle into lines and lasts the whole day and looks great. The normal double wear didnt suit me as i found it unnatural on the skin but the light is perfect for more mature skin i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Something light will work well - try Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum.

That's great guys thanks, I'll get a few testers & see how I get on

• Advertisement

I'm same age OP (skin still holding up and looks younger than 40's) and just switched to Clairns "True Radiance" and loving it. Light and comfortable and glowy. Worth a sample at least :-) I use their fixing spray too and/or Avene water spray.

Also love Dr Jart Premium BB Cream - heavy enough coverage to use most days and has SPF45.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Bourjois heslthy mix serum and bare minerals complexion rescue balm or dr jart bb for summer time

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Blue_Rose

I wouldn't recommend estee lauder's double wear for dry skin, it's a brilliant foundation but very drying! Second the posts above for boujours healthy mix serum, especially for dry skin, has a lovely smell too :) You should also try the l'oreal lumi magique primer underneath, it's a godsend for dry skin, it stops foundations from going dry and flaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

No7 Lift & Luminate, bourjois healthy mix serum, L'Oréal infallible in the glass bottle not the tube, No7 Instant Radiance, Smashbox BB water. I have dry skin and these are all foundations I've tried that I found nice.

Advertisement