Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kawasaki ZX10r ?

• 25-05-2017 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi all hope everyone is well , going to view a 2004 zx10 hopefully in the next few days , what would be the main things to look over when viewing with these ? providing i cant get a mechanic to come with me just want to know the possible cons and things to watch for ?

any help appreciated

Ride safe .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

This all goes for any bike.

Check the fork legs for chips or pitting, something i overlooked in my last purchase and never thought of checking before. Seals on 1 leg were gone within a month and the whole leg needed replacing. You're looking for tiny chips almost naked to the eye but can be caught with your fingernail.

Also, always bring a good led torch

And don't let the shiny clean bike make you think all is OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Cam chain tensioners.

Rear shocks get tired easily, check head bearings for hamfisted wheely landing - these are very prone to saving front tyre wear.

If it is on original discs, check the front for both wear and warping.

Make sure you know when the vlaves were lasted adjusted for clearance. Classic Kawasaki action is for the exhaust valves to close up and hammer the seats.

But in general, these are good bikes with a good rep for reliability and absolutely bat**** crazy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

pudzey,

http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=238537

08, 45k kms, 4,800 euro

honest looking ad says it's not mint but it looks very good for the money.

Advertisement