Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competent motherboard repair in cork

Options
  • 25-05-2017 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

TL;DR: I'm worried about the crowed I've given the motherboard too after reading reviews and would like someone to recommend a competent repair shop for high end motherboards.

Full story: So I have a ASUS ROG Maximus Vii Hero (LGA1150 Socket) motherboard. Before you say 'just buy a new one' that's a pretty expensive mobo it is also discontinued so the it would have to be bought abroad.
    A good while back a pin broke on the CPU socket. I managed to keep the broken piece and took it into a repair shop in cork. I was pessimistic about it but they actually fixed it by soldering it back on and had it back to me within a day. GREAT!
    Fast forward to last weekend and while giving the PC a clean and upgrade the pin went again. (I'm presuming it's the same pin).
    Sadly the shop that repaired it first time is no more. I found another repair shop and have handed it in... but after doing some Google work im a bit frightened by the reviews. While they have great reviews for customer service, They don't seem to have good reviews for workmanship quality. Even a former employee had a stern warning about handing in high end parts. How much of his warning is temper driven and how much is genuine can only be speculated... but it has frightened me to the point that I'm going to collect my pc tomorrow.
    Can anyone drop the name of a decent motherboard repair shop or service located in cork city or even county? Or even better does anyone know where i might actually pick up a second hand one in good condition?

Advertisement