Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guerrilla Bike Lanes

Options
  • 25-05-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭

https://www.citylab.com/transportation/2017/05/guerrilla-bike-lanes-spring-up-overnight-in-riga/527568/
    For years, the city has been promising to add dedicated lanes on both sides of this street. It hasn’t followed, through, at least in part because of politicians’ insistence that they just won’t fit. But Friday, Riga’s residents woke up to see that that’s just not true. Generously sized lanes were secretly installed overnight by activists who were tired of waiting for action, and who were keen to show that it could, in fact, be done.

I could think of a few locations in Dublin that improved by some guerilla lanes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,615 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

myself and a colleague were musing earlier, in one of those 'lets not talk about anything serious' lazy lunchtime conversations, about whether if you won the euromillions, you'd need a licence to operate a street sweeping machine you could pay someone to keep cycle lanes free of debris.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I could actually think of quite a few locations in Dublin where I'd like to gorilla decycle lane too. So I could cycle on the road in peace without some knob beeping and gestering to the glass filled obstacle course footpath that DCC call a cycle lane

Advertisement