Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career in Occupational Health without a nursing degree??

Options
  • 25-05-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have completed a postgraduate degree in Occupational Health and Safety and have taken a very keen interest in the subject of Occupational Health. I have worked as an Ambulance Paramedic for six years prior to the Health and Safety degree and am looking to start a career within Occupational Health now.

Traditionally​ it has been nurses and doctors who work within Occupational Health but I am wondering about the possibility of someone from an alternative healthcare background such as myself being able to work in this field?

Is anyone aware if this is at all possible? Alternatively, if there were any type of bridging courses that would allow me to get into this line of work??

Any information appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement