Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New credit card balance transfer - how long does it take?

Options
  • 26-05-2017 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I have opened a new BOI credit card account. The card was activated in an ATM on 23/05.

How long does it take for the pre-arranged balance transfer to show up on both the new BOI CC account and the other (domestic) CC account?

(There is no sign of the balance transfer on 365online or CardCare as of this morning.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

fisher wrote: »
    I have opened a new BOI credit card account. The card was activated in an ATM on 23/05.

How long does it take for the pre-arranged balance transfer to show up on both the new BOI CC account and the other (domestic) CC account?

(There is no sign of the balance transfer on 365online or CardCare as of this morning.)
    Hi Fisher,

Thanks for getting in contact with us today, It can take one full working day for a credit card balance to update once a transfer has been done into the credit card.

I hope this has been some help to you.
    Thanks again.
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 fisher

Hi Fisher,

Thanks for getting in contact with us today, It can take one full working day for a credit card balance to update once a transfer has been done into the credit card.

Thanks again.
    Darren.
    So, if I activated the card in an ATM on Tuesday, and and the balance transfer was arranged prior to that during the application, should the balance transfer not at least be reflected on the new card now (Friday)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Fisher,

Thanks again.
    Darren.
    So, if I activated the card in an ATM on Tuesday, and and the balance transfer was arranged prior to that during the application, should the balance transfer not at least be reflected on the new card now (Friday)?
    Hi fisher, 

Sorry we misunderstood your original post. A balance transfer to a new credit card account takes up to fourteen working days to process. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement