Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher - Olympia Theatre, Dublin - Sat 10th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭finno

Just got 2 standing tickets :)

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Managed to get an upper circle ticket. From the NME interview:

Asked if he’ll be playing Oasis songs, Gallagher replied: “Straight away. Some at the beginning, some in the middle and some at the end.”

Read more at http://www.nme.com/news/music/liam-gallagher-announces-uk-tour-2078844#TpooYIoAcL5t5EuV.99

Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭COH

Seems to be sold out already.. FML

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

COH wrote: »
    Seems to be sold out already.. FML

Just bagged 2. Worth trying again

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mongey209

Missed it by a hair, does anyone know someone selling two tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Elite IRL

Just about got a pair earlier. The beautiful bastard ambushed us with that one. Could only get seating tickets so if there's anyone that has standing and wants to swap (doubtful) then let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

Was on the ball this morning, saw someone in LG's twitter replies with a screenshot of the Ticketmaster site with the on sale at 9 am info. Went to the page and just kept refreshing. Picked up 2 standing at 9:01, defo owe that fella a pint. Preview of the new tune is out as well, sounds good for a 30 second clip anyway.

Tickets selling for 180 quid on viagogo ffs, a touts dream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Love LG but his voice doesn't hold up well these days and Dublin being the third gig that week hopefully it's not on the way out by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Liam must have faith in his voice. With these gigs and a solo album on the way he'll need it. When it's bad it's​ boarding on cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Elite IRL

Touting will always be a problem so long as Artists use Ticketmaster, sure they own what's basically a Touting site.

In fairness to Liam his voice was sounding in good condition when I heard him last in the Olympia for Beady Eye. I think he has learnt to take better care of it, he's just more healthy in general these days out jogging and all. Saw an article where he also accepted that there's just certain songs that he can't sing anymore like I Hope, I Think, I Know which is a shame but I'd rather hear his voice at its best on other songs than him ruining it to hear certain ones. Preview sounds good, very bluesy but modern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Is it likely more tickets might come available for this?I am guessing not considering the appeal of Liam Gallagher and the relatively small venue?
    I hope to pick up 1 ticket somewhere for the show, normally a few single tickets appear for gigs in the days before,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

I also missed out on tickets for this. Would love to go, will probably end up paying over the odds for the tickets now.
    Cant understant the small venue. He'd easily sell out the 3 arena if he did half a setlist of oasis tunes,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

From lastnight in Manchester https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzRHfqwqZM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

I also missed out on tickets for this. Would love to go, will probably end up paying over the odds for the tickets now.
    Cant understant the small venue. He'd easily sell out the 3 arena if he did half a setlist of oasis tunes,

Hopefully that will be later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

The struggled to sell out the Olympia 2nd night as Beady Eye. Admittedly they only had 2 Oasis songs in the set but that's less than 4000 tickets over the 2 nights.

From a few of the videos of last night his voice sounded really good but I'm not sure he can sustain that over a tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Don't go forking out a load of cash on this one, I'm sure Liam will be back in no time to play the 3 Arena later in the year, exactly like Noel done when he first went solo.

However judging by the youtube clips of the new songs and the state of Liam's voice these days I reckon tickets for the 3 Arena will be significantly easier to get! Maybe so much so that he will have to stick to festivals and smaller venues.

Great that he is back in Music and I hope all goes well for him.

First Single; Wall Of Glass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJc7-ZEuT0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

His new single is way better than anything Beady Eye put out (imo). As in it's good enough to make me actually want to see him do a live gig.

My only small gripe is that he doesn't write all his own material for his new album. But he admits himself in this interview below that it would take him too long to do a full album by himself. Which is understandable really as he basically relied on Noel, and then Gem and Andy to create most of the music he has sung to for the last few decades.

He seems very chilled. I hope he's off all the drugs, smoking and keeps his drinking and touring manageable. With that I can see him carve out a nice little solo career for himself. He'll never be the same musician Noel was/is, but from that new single he seems to have a big amount to offer in his own right.

*His voice sounded spot on for his Manchester gig. :)

I really like the new song!

His voice was patchy I thought for the Manchester gig, some good points, some not so good but I will reserve full judgement for when I see him or live or see pro shot quality recording. Promising stuff though!

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

My only small gripe is that he doesn't write all his own material for his new album.

To be honest I was delighted when I heard that. For the first time he has some bona fide songwriters working with him (other than Little James I don't think Noel contributed much to Liams Oasis stuff).

Andy Bell and Gem Archer have had their moments but they are nowhere good enough to make up for Liams limitations. The only LG song I can think of that I wouldn't have replaced with a Noel written song was I'm Outta Time on DOYS.

New single sounds decent enough on first listen. I watched a few of the live vids. Great to hear Be Here Now live after all these years!!!

• Advertisement

Still haven't decided on taking the plunge for over priced tickets yet. Does anyone know what time he came on stage for the Manchester gig? I was looking online and based on a page doing live updates on the night I think it was around 9.30pm. Would that be the expected time this Sat anyone know? Its only a 12 song setlist so cant imagine him being on much earlier than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Anyone know if there is a support act on saturday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Still haven't decided on taking the plunge for over priced tickets yet. Does anyone know what time he came on stage for the Manchester gig? I was looking online and based on a page doing live updates on the night I think it was around 9.30pm. Would that be the expected time this Sat anyone know? Its only a 12 song setlist so cant imagine him being on much earlier than that.

He only played for an hour in Manchester so its a very short gig.

Honestly, I think Liam's singing at the "One love Manchester" gig is the best I've heard him in years

It sounds reallly close to how he sounds on record, really strong and big

Wish I had tickets for this gig

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

How much are tickets going for?

I was at Noels Olympia show as it was a once in a lifetime thing but I can see Liam being back at the Olympia if the album isn't a major improvement on anything he has done before.

The more I listen to Wall of Glass the less I'm into it actually. Bit meh

I seen them online for 350e a pair at cheapest. Thats on Seatwave Ticketmaster's 'sister' company.
     Surprisingly havent seen many on donedeal etc even at over the odds prices. Id pay over the odds but wouldnt be paying the likes of that. I actually really like 'Wall of Glass'. Looking forward to hearing the rest of the album too. Id fully expect Liam to come back and maybe do the 3 arena. I just think the Olympia experience would be so much better in such a small setting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Going to this on Saturday, looking forward to the parade of Pretty Green clothes and mod haircuts that'll be on display (the audience, not the band).

His vocals are about 50% - 60% there I reckon, but at least 100% better than the end of the Oasis period, when he was at his worst. He still can't sing like he used to (compare the Manchester acoustic Live Forever, with the 1994 MTV Most Wanted one) but he can give it a go and is still a great front man.

The new single is great, has gone down very well, and the Manchester gig has spurred a lot of good will in LG's direction.

Looking forward to hearing the new tunes, but what a shame we have to wait till October for the album. If he's touring it sounds like it's ready, so why not get it out?

I have no problem with him working with songwriters - most modern artists do - if it improves the songs. Some of the Beady Eye stuff was very trad rock and the songs weren't great. While Andy Bell can write a great Ride song, when he tries to Ride an Oasis song he just doesn't get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Looks like I will be going to this also on Saturday with my teenage son on unreserved seating tickets.

I see doors open at 7,i assume be in the queue well before 7 for when the doors open ?
    Any tips on where to take a good seat in the Olympia ?

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Looks like I will be going to this also on Saturday with my teenage son on unreserved seating tickets.

these are the upper circle (aka gods) so you will be queuing down the laneway, people might be queing out the front but that would be for standing tickets to get at the front.

You would be down the lane the guy is standing in https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3441565,-6.2661578,3a,26.6y,338.46h,82.15t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4KkETE6aod_8vUrZpXIVyA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

They usually have barriers up so I imagine the queue is somewhat organised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

andrew1977 wrote: »

I see doors open at 7,i assume be in the queue well before 7 for when the doors open ?
    Any tips on where to take a good seat in the Olympia ?

Thanks a lot

As close to the front of the seats as you can.

It'll be a short enough set so I'd say you'd have about 2 hours to fill between getting in and the gig starting. It's also been confirmed that there is no support act on this leg of the tour.

Advertisement