Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher - Olympia Theatre, Dublin - Sat 10th June

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I am still buzzing from the concert on Saturday night, his voice and some of his old hits brought me back to my love for Oasis/their style of music .
    Reminiscing about some of the times I seen them live and the great adventures/carry on I had during college time etc:)

What a unique set of mad talented b*stards both him and his brother are.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

andrew1977 wrote: »
    I am still buzzing from the concert on Saturday night, his voice and some of his old hits brought me back to my love for Oasis/their style of music .
    Reminiscing about some of the times I seen them live and the great adventures/carry on I had during college time etc:)

What a unique set of mad talented b*stards both him and his brother are.
    The start of the Supersonic documentary sums the Oasis journey up.

Liam 'Oasis was definitely like a ****in Ferrari, great to look at, great to drive, and it'd spin out of control every now and again when it'd go too fast'
    Noel 'We were just lads from a council estate, two brothers, headcases.Oasis greatest strength is the relationship between me and Liam, its also what drove the band into the ground in the end, do ye know what I mean?' 

Hopefully he comes back and does another gig when the album comes out. Looking forward to the hearing the other tracks on it, really like Wall of Glass.

Watched the Manchester show too and it was telling how much of the teenagers there didnt know the words to DLBIA. So much has changed since Oasis were at their peak in the music industry, and not for the better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Liam 'Oasis was definitely like a ****in Ferrari, great to look at, great to drive, and it'd spin out of control every now and again when it'd go too fast'
    Noel 'We were just lads from a council estate, two brothers, headcases.Oasis greatest strength is the relationship between me and Liam, its also what drove the band into the ground in the end, do ye know what I mean?'?

Hopefully he comes back and does another gig when the album comes out. Looking forward to the hearing the other tracks on it, really like Wall of Glass.

Watched the Manchester show too and it was telling how much of the teenagers there didnt know the words to DLBIA. So much has changed since Oasis were at their peak in the music industry, and not for the better IMO.

Many of the kids at the gig in Manchester wouldn't have even been born when they were at their top, it's also not really the crowd Oasis used to get.

I know a ton of people who know Oasis by name, but probably couldn't name any song apart from Wonderwall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Many of the kids at the gig in Manchester wouldn't have even been born when they were at their top, it's also not really the crowd Oasis used to get.

I know a ton of people who know Oasis by name, but probably couldn't name any song apart from Wonderwall.

Agreed; if you asked your average 14 year old in 1996 to sing something from 1976, I doubt they would have been able to. Never mind all the words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Were there many wannabee football hooligan types at it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

seachto7 wrote: »

No. Lots of lads in parkas and polo tees but no loutish behaviour that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

No. Lots of lads in parkas and polo tees but no loutish behaviour that I could see.

Absolutely none. Was a great crowd and all ages. Absolutely everyone was up for it from F*ckin in the Bushes onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Noel 'We were just lads from a council estate, two brothers, headcases.Oasis greatest strength is the relationship between me and Liam, its also what drove the band into the ground in the end, do ye know what I mean?'?

Agree, that was the point I was making. Its crazy to think the band were at their peak 2 decades ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

seachto7 wrote: »

Sound out crowd at the gig, the section I was in everyone happy out dancing and singing away, everyone chatting away, not a sniff of trouble. Everyone thrilled to have got a ticket and thrilled to be watching Liam back in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Sound out crowd at the gig, the section I was in everyone happy out dancing and singing away, everyone chatting away, not a sniff of trouble. Everyone thrilled to have got a ticket and thrilled to be watching Liam back in action.

agree 100%. Everyone was there to have a great time. Noticed a real difference in crowd attitude compared to the kasabian gig.

Didn't seem as packed as the kasabian gig so maybe that was the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Liam Gallagher To Headline Festival At Weston Airport

http://www.kfmradio.com/news/03072017-1721/liam-gallagher-headline-festival-weston-airport

Liam Gallagher is to headline a festival in Kildare.

He's been announced on the line-up of the Samhain Festival at Weston Airport in Backweston.

Its taking place on October 29th, and Liam will be supported by The Strypes & Touts.

Tickets go on sale on Friday at 9am.

The gig will come days after the release of his eagerly anticipated debut album ‘As You Were’ will be released on October 6th.

“I didn’t want to be reinventing anything or going off on a space jazz odyssey,” says Liam. “It’s the Lennon ‘Cold Turkey’ vibe, The Stones, the classics. But done my way, now.”

Advertisement