Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windscreen cover

Options
  • 26-05-2017 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Long story short, I need a windscreen and I have windscreen cover. My own is cracked around 18 inches long.

I will have ten years no claims next month and have never made a claim for anything. I'm basically wondering does a windscreen claim upset most insurers?

My own policy says a windscreen claim will not undo my NCB but when I go to renew, new insurers will ask "have I made any claims in the last x years" to which I will now have to answer yes, despite having 10 years NCB.

I've been blessed last year that at age 27 my fully comp cover was only €800 ish last year. Obviously my policy will rise this year regardless but I'm trying to figure out should I claim for the screen and hope my premium rises by less than the cost of the glass or just pay €250 privately to have it changed and hope my premium rises by less than the cost of the glass.

I know it's impossible to tell, but I'm trying to avoid a scenario where my premium will rise by more than the cost of replacing the screen having made the claim.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

You are right. It is a claim and must be declared. However, most insurers do not take it in to consideration when rating a policy. 2 or 3 of them in a short period is a different matter

Advertisement