Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello there. anyone know anyone who.....

Options
  • 26-05-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

is good at guitar repairs.
    im in the navan area so the nearer the better.
    the guitar is a very old family heirloom, pretty worthless apart from sentimental value, but id surely love to be able to play it again.
    it has many problems with it. the neck is warped and coming off where it meets the body of the guitar (im prepared to replace the neck if necassary) the bridge also needs a bit of work done to it, i took it to a luthier in Dublin and he basically said the guitar can be fixed, but it was too far gone for him.
    so il need someone with experience who's up for a bit of a challenge.
    cheers. Dean
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Looks like you need a luthier rather than just a repair guy. There are a fair few around, but for where you are I'd suggest Gerry Hayes, hazeguitars (google it). Out around Lucan. He's pretty busy, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

+1 for Gerry, if it can be done, he's a good candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

What type of guitar is it? There may be no point in sinking money into a guitar that wasn't great to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 adowofAsheep

sorry for the delayed response.

"What type of guitar is it? There may be no point in sinking money into a guitar that wasn't great to begin with."

its an old eko parlor acoustic guitar from the 60's i believe. probably not worth much if anything, it does sound very nice though strummed open. im pretty determined to get it playable again.
    thanks to everyone thats responded so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Try Jan Muyllaert, just outside Navan. He's primarily a harp maker, but he's done plenty of guitar work.

http://irishharps.net/

• Advertisement
Advertisement