Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Options
  • 26-05-2017 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all! I noticed there wasn't a thread yet for those of us who have recently had the joy of a positive pregnancy test. So here's one!
    When you find out your due date, share with us and I'll add to this top post. For now here's mine-not sure if it's correct (I suspect I'm a week later) but here goes!

Snusie- January 5
    Heldel00- January 7
    Cat2017- 3rd week of January
    Toots- 26th January

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cat2017

Yay! I was waiting for the Jan thread to start! I'm due my first baby (sounds odd to be even saying that) third week in Jan so very early days yet but fingers crossed all goes ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snusie

Cat2017 wrote: »
    Yay! I was waiting for the Jan thread to start! I'm due my first baby (sounds odd to be even saying that) third week in Jan so very early days yet but fingers crossed all goes ok!

Hi! Where in Ireland are you from? I'm based in Limerick. Hopefully all goes well for both of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cat2017

I'm based in Dublin. Just went for first GP visit this week to get the ball rolling. It's hard to really plan anything or get too excited when it's such early days - I'm only just over 5 weeks going by my last period date. Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by for us. I think I'll probably go for a private scan about 10 weeks just to ease my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Brilliant to see this started. I was too big of a chicken to start one myself. I've been in snooping on the Dec 2017 one instead. 2nd baby here. Due the 7th January so I'll be 9 weeks on Tuesday. Had very irregular periods after coming off the pill so that date could be out by a week or two.

NB the October 2015 thread never really took off so I hope this one does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Aww, so lovely to see this thread started. This time last year, I was tentatively posting in the January 2017 thread, and now I am cradling my beautiful four month old baby boy in my arms as he drifts off to sleep. He was due on the 19th January but was born on 26th January after an induction.

Good luck, girls. I hope you have healthy pregnancies and happy times ahead of you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 snusie

This will be my third child- I've an about to be 4 year old and an about to be 2 year old! Both girls, so I wonder if this will be a third girl or our boy!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just this evening got a BFP for baby #2 so tentatively adding my name to the list (if anyone knows me in real life, please don't out me to family :pac:) Periods are very irregular (PCOS) but I think when I adjust I'm due some time around 26th of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Count me in! Just found out this week I'm pregnant with our first baby. Tentatively due on 22nd January but my Gp thinks it will be more like end of Jan.

Im not nauseous yet but I've loads of cramps. I didn't expect it to be so painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi all, just got my positive last wk so I reckon I am only around 5wks! Due around 30th January. A bit nervous cause is a total surprise. My 3rd and I am 44!.. Feeling plenty of cramps for the moment . Great to be in the group. X

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I'm joining too-like Toots said if you know me say nothing yet:)

It's my 3rd, a lot of to-ing and fro-ing before this to make the decision on trying for a third but it happened and we're due another bundle the end of January. Still trying to get my head around it as I thought we were done-older girls are 5 and 9 so feels like we're going back to square one, but it'll all be worth it.

Due: 27th Jan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

Hi All:D
    Like others here, I read through 'December16' and was waiting for someone to start a January thread!
    I'm just over 5 weeks and I'm due around the 26th of January. First child so finding it all a bit strange trying to figure out what to do next. ha. I did ring my health insurance provider to see what they do and do not cover, I guess that was a start.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Booked a dating scan for Sunday so hoping to have a better idea on when exactly to expect the pitter patter of tiny feet. Since it's baba #2 I thought I'd be sorted with all the baby stuff, but turns out we'll need to replace the car seat because the one we have will be over 6 years old when baby arrives.

Congratulations to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Congrats all!! I'm due Dec 31st so could well be joining you girls as my son was born 11days overdue:) Wishing all a heathy 9 or so months!

Dating scan tomorrow. Got a phone call this afternoon asking if I could be in Cavan General for 2:45 tomorrow. Very late notice bit I'm delighted so not gonna complain. 9 weeks tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3 newby15

Hopefully due 31st Jan with my second baby, some spotting last week when my period was due so will be nervous until I have my scan but fingers crossed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Hopefully due 31st January - it's all a bit of a shock as I thought it would take a lot longer to happen. Baby number 1 for me and the other half. It really doesn't feel in any way real. Congratulation to all - I look forward to being part of the group!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

If I am pregnant it will be February but too early to test. Did one at the weekend but it's negative (not due a period yet).

Boobs are killing me (cannot sleep), nausea, fatigue, heart burn, cramping etc and I feel like I am the thing is we have been using contraception correctly and it could be wishful thinking so all in my head. I would be delighted if it was true but am now terrified it isn't. OH definitely didn't want more (obviously would be fine if we are having another).

sorry to barge in on your thread but cannot tell anyone yet and have to get it off my chest!

Congrats ladies x

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FebBaby

Due 2nd Feb, no symptoms besides some cramping in lower back. Not a clue what to expect over the next few wks or when to go to doc, etc.

You could always pop to your GP just to 'confirm' the pregnancy, then you need to book in with your maternity hospital. They usually see you at about 12 weeks for your booking appointment where they'll take family history, medical history and a blood test.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭cinloom

Hi Ladies, I am due sometimes in january. didnt write down my last period dates, Ob says was between 4 to 6 weeks when i went to see her for a scan. It will be my 2nd baby :-)

• Advertisement

I know my dates but cycles are irregular and long so my GP estimates between 5-7 weeks. Dates put me at 7+6 but I think I'm probably between 5 and 6. Hopefully the scan will be able to narrow it down a bit.

Went for dating scan today. As I told ye yesterday I thought it was a bit early. Radiographer said it was slightly too early (I think they called me by mistake!) and has forwarded a letter for me to be rescanned in 4 weeks.
    We could see a little heartbeat flickering away and just one little blob so that's all very reassuring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LDN18

Due around 28th January,been trying for years and had failed IUI's and was about to start IVF

Very nervous now until our first scan on the 20th June

We've booked a 9 week scan in that place in Blackrock. I'm too nervous to wait until 12 weeks!

We also registered with Holles St which is exciting. Is it starting to slowly feel real for anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

We're going semi private in the Rotunda and I booked in for the 12 weeks scan with them for the 20th July but then I got a call after wondering would I like to come in for an earlier scan at 7 weeks for the same price so that's in 2 weeks time.
    It still doesn't feel real as my symptoms so far are just the tiredness but I already have 2 kids so I'm tired anyway :P

Oooh guys I just found the comfiest pair of flip flops in Monsoon today, they were a tenner and I'm wondering should I have gotten 2 pairs. I had very swollen feet when I was expecting my son, and it seems to have started already this time around (although I reckon the heat isn't helping matters)

Trying to find a nice pair of sandals for my hols, but will have to make sure to get ones that will accommodate giant swollen preggo feet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Omr78

Hi everyone
    Due mid Jan with our 1st, trying for awhile and was meant to be starting first round of ivf in July but instead fell pregnant after I had a HSG procedure. Absolutely thrilled to bits but very nervous as I'm 39 so in a high risk category. Suffering from morning sickness which seems to last all day and very tender breasts. Experiencing cramping tonight which I'm hoping is just growing pains. Going for my 8 week scan on Thursday so crossing all fingers and toes. Is anyone else experiencing period pains?

Yeah I'm getting a bit of crampy period pains alright. It was worse on my first baby, I think it's maybe things stretching. I still worry whenever I feel twinges though. Can't wait to start feeling movement, it's all such a mystery at this stage :pac:

Had a dating scan today so I'm exactly 6 weeks today and my due date is January 28th. Now to book the hospital tomorrow!

• Advertisement

Anyone else feeling really emotional? I had a big crying fit this morning for absolutely no reason at all. I ended up going back to bed where I ate an entire punnet of strawberries and had a nap. My poor husband doesn't know what to do!

Advertisement