Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think the emotional bit is par for the course unfortunately :pac: I remember first time around it was just before Christmas so there were loads of those ads for dogs trust and the donkey sanctuary on TV - I'd be a sobbing mess watching them, like full on snots, blotchy face, the works :o

I'm having a difficult time trying to find a nice pair of wide fitting flat sandals. So far everything I've seen looks like something my 95 year old Grandma would have worn to accommodate her bunions. All I want is something that's not going to cut the feet off me if (when) then get all swollen! Waaaah!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Hi ladies, going to hop on, got bfp but couldn't find this thread! Due 27th of Jan, baby number 2! I booked into blackrock for private scan, I'll be 8 weeks, my hospital appointment I'll be 12+4, but I couldn't wait that long!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Hi girlies. Congrats to all. I'm joining in too. I'm 9 weeks .. so happy!! But I've got anxiety too so I'm just scared of all these changes I wish I was as easy going with this pregnancy as I was with my first where I didn't mind the changes. I've a dark mark on my breast and have been googling why?! I do not know obviously it says I'm goin to die hahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Ah good old Google, it's the root of all evil at times!! I used to suffer with anxiety and lately it creeps in about little things all usually related to my little girl!
    Tiredness in the afternoon has really crept in, I'm asleep by 10.30 at night. Sick in the mornings but once I've been sick it eases and then I'm starving for hours after!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Looks like I'm joining the thread! Went for an early scan today and estimated due date is 16th Jan.

We only had our wedding two weeks ago, with all the preparation, didnt realise I was a few weeks late. Took two pregnancy tests on honeymoon, both positive and gp confirmed the same. No sickness, just v tired and gone off loads of food like eggs but craving fruit all the time.

Everything happening so quickly all at once but thrilled with this surprise, hasnt sunk in yet as it's my first. Never seen my new husband so happy!

Congrats to all. Cant wait til we can tell people, roll on 12 weeks :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Awwww!! I'm tearing up reading that! That must have been the loveliest wedding present :)

Congratulations and how exciting !! :):)
    I got my scan for 2 weeks time can't believe it already. I'm happy with how the pregnancy is progressing, tummy has taken shape a bit already!!
    How is everyone?? The time is going to fly I'd say. After summer is September and than it's only a couple months to Christmas and than babies eek,!!

My little boy was going to bed this evening (he's 5) and he gave me a goodnight kiss, and then bent down and gave my tummy a goodnight kiss too. I'm in floods of tears here! <3

Toots wrote: »
    My little boy was going to bed this evening (he's 5) and he gave me a goodnight kiss, and then bent down and gave my tummy a goodnight kiss too. I'm in floods of tears here! <3

That's so lovely!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snusie

Heads up-maternity clothes on special deal in lidl today! I got the jeggings in black and grey (so comfy!) And a dress.

• Advertisement

So cute!!

annettea wrote: »
    Congratulations and how exciting !! :):)
    I got my scan for 2 weeks time can't believe it already. I'm happy with how the pregnancy is progressing, tummy has taken shape a bit already!!
    How is everyone?? The time is going to fly I'd say. After summer is September and than it's only a couple months to Christmas and than babies eek,!!

I know! It seems really soon. My first scan is on Thursday!

snusie wrote: »
    Heads up-maternity clothes on special deal in lidl today! I got the jeggings in black and grey (so comfy!) And a dress.

I haven't gone out to get anything yet, feeling a bit unprepared :D

Registered with holles at today semi private. 1st appointment early July, very excited!!

I got one of those belly band yokes - it's like a lycra tube thing that goes over your tummy so if you've got your trousers unzipped, it both helps hold up the trousers and also hides the fact that your pants are undone :pac: I got brilliant use out of the one I had when I was pregnant with my son, and was so sure I'd packed it away with my other maternity clothes, but it was nowhere to be found.

I booked in semi p in Rotunda and my first appointment is the 20th of July. Looking forward to it, but also crapping it at the same time because I am utterly terrified of needles - like to the point that they induce full on panic attacks in me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I got one of those belly band yokes - it's like a lycra tube thing that goes over your tummy so if you've got your trousers unzipped, it both helps hold up the trousers and also hides the fact that your pants are undone :pac: I got brilliant use out of the one I had when I was pregnant with my son, and was so sure I'd packed it away with my other maternity clothes, but it was nowhere to be found.

I booked in semi p in Rotunda and my first appointment is the 20th of July. Looking forward to it, but also crapping it at the same time because I am utterly terrified of needles - like to the point that they induce full on panic attacks in me.

Toots I'm in the Semi private that day too! I was in today for an early scan-all went well, surreal to hear a heartbeat at 7 weeks!!

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Toots I'm in the Semi private that day too! I was in today for an early scan-all went well, surreal to hear a heartbeat at 7 weeks!!

It's lovely isn't it! My little one's was 110bpm at 6 weeks. It's crazy that they can detect that so early!

Back pain, nausea and headaches quite bad the last few days. Back pain flares up standing on the train, only nine weeks in, getting a bit fearful of what's to come :(

mojesius wrote: »
    Back pain, nausea and headaches quite bad the last few days. Back pain flares up standing on the train, only nine weeks in, getting a bit fearful of what's to come :(

In a few weeks you'll be energetic and blooming !! Can't wait for 2nd trimester.. they are all good signs that your hormones are rising on the plus side :):) not looking for third trimester eeek

I've not had much back pain, but I can't take this heat! I find the heat makes me really nauseous, and also I'm wrecked, just constantly want to sleep, which is difficult when I've a 5 year old to keep an eye on :pac:

Had a bit of spotting this morning when I woke up. It's stopped now, but scared the absolute crap out of me. Did the deed last night so I'm not sure if maybe that just caused a bit of stretching or something but I'm all worried now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Had a bit of spotting this morning when I woke up. It's stopped now, but scared the absolute crap out of me. Did the deed last night so I'm not sure if maybe that just caused a bit of stretching or something but I'm all worried now.

Butting in from other threads to say I had some spotting with my first in my first trimester that started early morning and was still going by mid afternoon so I went to doctor to get checked just in case. They had a listen for a heartbeat and were happy enough that everything was okay but were prepared to refer me to hospital if I wanted more reassurance. They said as long as the spotting was light red in colour I shouldn't worry too much, it was probably down to exercise or stretching going on.
    If in doubt, get it checked. There is no price on peace of mind, and if ever there was a time you need to be stress free, this is it!

I bled quite a bit on my first baby, and ended up in the EPU a few times. It was classified as a threatened miscarriage.Today's wasn't as bad, It was literally just a streak of light red/pink when I went to the loo, and there's been nothing at all since, so I'm going to take it easy for today and see how things are. I've one of those home Doppler yokes but I think it might be too early for that yet, I'm 7+6 today.

I think regardless, im going to book another early scan. I'm in on 21st of July for my 12 week appt but I'll be away for 2 weeks before then so I'd like the reassurance of knowing things were looking ok before I go.

Jesus the first trimester is just 12 weeks of the unknown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Hi ladies. I've been very quiet of late. My sister has had a very rough few weeks so I was concentrating on her for a whilr.
    Toots i had the same with my first except i was on the far side of the world (well not quite but it felt like it)!!! Ended up going for a scan in Abu Dhabi and all was OK. Apparently it can happen around the time that your period would have been due. Light pink spotting should be ok but no harm checking things out.
    I was called for a scan in Cavan few weeks ago but i knew they were calling me too early. Someone made a mistake somewhere but vut i wasnt going to turn down the opportunity of a scan. Radiographer could see one baby and a heartbeat so that was good enough for me. Back in 2weeks for another one and ill get a more accurate date then. The last time i knew nearly to the millisecond how pregnant i was, this time i just about know how many weeks (cant tell you if its 9 or 10 without going back and counting on calendar!)
    Hope everyone is in good form x

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LDN18

Can I ask what would they look for at a 8 week scan?my wife has one next week and I'm away so not sure what to expect and neither is she.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Omr78

LDN18 wrote: »
    Can I ask what would they look for at a 8 week scan?my wife has one next week and I'm away so not sure what to expect and neither is she.
    I had my 8 week scan last week, it's less than 15 mins long, they give you a scan so you can see your little peanut and I got to listen to the heartbeat. They are able to give you the due date and as I am over the age of 39 they spoke to me about a non invasive blood test to check for abnormalities, it's expensive but can give added peace of mind

Omr78 wrote: »
    I had my 8 week scan last week, it's less than 15 mins long, they give you a scan so you can see your little peanut and I got to listen to the heartbeat. They are able to give you the due date and as I am over the age of 39 they spoke to me about a non invasive blood test to check for abnormalities, it's expensive but can give added peace of mind

Thanks for your reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

A small bit of bleeding after sex or any major activity etc is usually from the cervix being aggravated, with all the extra blood flow it doesn't take much and stops just as quickly.

Omr78 wrote: »

Thanks for your reply

Is anyone else starting to show a little bit yet? I'm kinda fuller figured so it's harder to tell, but trousers don't close anymore and also my husband felt today that he's noticing a change in the shape of my tummy.

Do you show earlier if it's not your first pregnancy?

• Advertisement

Is anyone else starting to show a little bit yet? I'm kinda fuller figured so it's harder to tell, but trousers don't close anymore and also my husband felt today that he's noticing a change in the shape of my tummy.

Do you show earlier if it's not your first pregnancy?

Hi toots, I'm no expert as it's my first but ive read in a lot of different sources that you show earlier after your first pregnancy as your muscles have been stretched by the first :)

I'm definitely 'thickening' but not sure if that's due to diet change or not going running the last few weeks with tiredness etc or actual pregnancy. Probably a combination of all three but I had lost weight last time I checked the scales, which is odd. Some of my skinny jeans are unwearable as they're difficult to close or digging. Lots of my tight tops show a slight hip bulge and bloated belly now, so im a bit pickier about what im wearing and digging out the flowy tops :) boobs are gigantic, will need new bras soon

Advertisement