Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

January 2018 Babies Club

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi all,

Great to see the group back again! Our little one turned one last week! It’s mad how quick (and slow!!!) that year went!

She’s doing great! Cruising on furniture loads and walking across the room but not comfortably yet! 7 teeth in total and just a complete show off! Loves when she has people’s attention! Amazing to see how much they learn and how quickly they do it!

Quick question for those who breast feed... any advice on how to drop it? I literally only feed herself to sleep, and only when I’m on my own! My husband rocks her to sleep or lies on the bed beside her and she’s happy with that but if I’m on my own she just cries until i feed her! Like it could be 3 days since I last fed her and it’s not at the same time when I do! So it’s not habit and I don’t consider it a feed (she takes a bottle now!) But just expects it once she’s tired and i lie down beside her! Any advice???

Is it a case I just have to refuse and put up with the tears? If so how long does that last for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

A will be 1 in 3 weeks. He's cruising on all the furniture and cutting tooth #8 at the moment. Absolutely great eater, has more than his almost 3 year old brother sometimes! I stopped breastfeeding at 5 months, no regrets tbh. He's still a tiddler but not quite as teeny for age as he was.

I'm definitely 2 and done. Wanted 2 and to be done by 35, I have 2 and I'm 35 in June.

I'm enjoying being back in work properly and making progress in my career again, and being able to get back to some decent running again too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Pocos, from what I hear from fellow BF mums...yes is the answer!!They have all struggled to wean nightime/sleep feeds.Some go away for a weekend, or some have got pregnant again and that was the only way.It seems to be a case of tough it out, but difficult!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

shesty wrote: »
    Pocos, from what I hear from fellow BF mums...yes is the answer!!They have all struggled to wean nightime/sleep feeds.Some go away for a weekend, or some have got pregnant again and that was the only way.It seems to be a case of tough it out, but difficult!!

Thanks shesty for the reply!

See that’s the thing I’ve fed her on a Thursday let’s say and then don’t do any bedtime until Tuesday so that’s 3 full days (ie like a weekend away!) and she still looks for it on the Tuesday! It’s only when I am putting her to bed! Never looks for it any other time! It’s obviously an association thing!

I’ll just have to tough it out but I’m a really bad “bad cop” in these situations! I’m sure no one enjoyes it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Omr78

Hi all, my beautiful girl just turned one last week and is going from strength to strength, she’s toddling along holding onto furniture so I’d say it won’t be long before she’s taking her first steps. I brought her to Clarke’s on Saturday and had her fitted for pre walkers as the crèche I have her in want to bring her outside to play and she’s only wearing socks with padding on the soles. Unfortunately the shoe fitting did not go well and she screamed the shop down. I tried again yesterday evening while she was in her high chair and distracted but as soon as she realised she was hysterical with tears and all, I heard the soles of babies feet are very sensitive but does anyone have any tips to making this a less traumatic experience for my girl, I’m afraid to try again
    I’m also bringing her for her 12 month injections tomorrow so she’s really going to hate me

Advertisement