Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

er1983 wrote: »
    I'm pregnant on no 2 due in April. Suffered bad on 1st pregnancy and now this one. On 1st pregnancy I said it to midwife and she said to get zantac over the counter tablets, they are a godsend, rennies only do so much until it gets so bad, zantac are great

Just to say they can prescribe stronger than zantac in 3rd trimester. I'm on a med generally which I have to come off for pregancy. I was on zantac by 12 weeks as I was practically overdosing on rennies/gaviscon, then moved to I think it was lanzoprosole. I was like a new woman, stopped throwing up and became a functioning person again.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Feeling super crampy right now. The baby has been very active today so I'm not sure if all the movement has made me a bit sore around my lower back, or if perhaps this is a sign that D-Day could be approaching. It's weird, because with my first baby, when I went into labour all the pain was in my crotch (like to the point that it took me a while to work out I was actually in labour because I was expecting the pains to be in the back or the front) so I wonder will this be the same, or could it possibly start a different way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

How are you feeling this morning Toots?

I'm so uncomfortable lately too-and lower back is aching by evening time. Were you early/late with your first?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Feeling a bit better, it was about 6am before the cramping stopped though. Still have the sensation that if I sneezed she could fall out though :pac:

Toots wrote: »
    Still have the sensation that if I sneezed she could fall out though :pac:

I'd bloody love that :P:P

• Advertisement

Oh my god, imagine! It'd be so handy! Well... unless it happened in the middle of the supermarket or something, that'd just be mortifying. :pac:

Oh my god, imagine! It'd be so handy! Well... unless it happened in the middle of the supermarket or something, that'd just be mortifying. :pac:

*Spillage in Aisle 4* :D

Anyone else still working? I'm signed off a week early to finish up tomorrow but feel so guilty about it (but my back is killing me and I'm wrecked!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

saggycaggy wrote: »
    *Spillage in Aisle 4* :D

Anyone else still working? I'm signed off a week early to finish up tomorrow but feel so guilty about it (but my back is killing me and I'm wrecked!)

I wouldn't feel guilty about that. Look after yourself, work will always be there ;)

I got signed off at 34 weeks (early Dec) , 3 weeks early as I was battling constant headaches. Within a week, they were gone. I honestly don't know how I'd have lasted until Xmas, do what your doctor thinks is best.

Jaysus don't be worrying about work. Last time around my wagon of a supervisor wouldn't move me into a less physically demanding role (despite this being a standard procedure for pregnant employees) and lo and behold I was signed off at about 28 weeks. I was feckin delighted cos she was stressed out trying to find a replacement for me, and she'd made my life miserable since I told her I was pregnant.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Toots I had cramping today too, first time since the start of the pregnancy but it was too early for me, don't see this baby trying to make its own way out. God I remember the cramps and pain in my back all night after I got the gel for induction. I just walked the hospital corridor all night, well I'd probably have slept only some woman snored all night night and kept myself and the other girl awake, I was over chatting to the other girl holding her baby bcos neither of us could sleep!!

I now need to explore my bag and see what extra I need if it's a section, must buy a few extra pyjamas!

• Advertisement

Jaysus don't be worrying about work. Last time around my wagon of a supervisor wouldn't move me into a less physically demanding role (despite this being a standard procedure for pregnant employees) and lo and behold I was signed off at about 28 weeks. I was feckin delighted cos she was stressed out trying to find a replacement for me, and she'd made my life miserable since I told her I was pregnant.

Yeah thanks girls you're right-I should just think of myself at this point in time and really it's only 3 days as I have parental leave on Mondays and I'm back in the Rotunda Wednesday. In the office they're like-sure we might see you next week!! Out of Office is going on and staying on from 5pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

I feel like every part of my body is cracking at this stage - every time i turned over last night all i could feel and hear were cracks! My hips then get too sore if i sleep on one sidenfor 2 long!

Had 2 really spicy curries this week and started drinking raspberry tea but no stir at all although baby is still doing a serious load of movement down there i thought it was supposed to slow down comin towards the end! Im 38 weeks btw!

Back tue and he is going to do another internal, i really hope he schedules me next week for induction coz i just want baby out at this stage!

Did any of you girls buy the sleepyhead or cocoonababy? Both expensive but heard great reviews about them both-I never had them with my 2 girls but wondering is it worth investing in either?

Or any cheaper alternatives?

Officially on maternity leave now:) just over 2.5 weeks until due date!

I've never used either, my brother had the cocoonababy but found it hard to get his baby to sleep without it when he got bigger.
    I'm going to get the next2me ready this week and get my perfect prep machine cleaned and set up. Plan on washing baby bottles today so it's just a matter of sterilising once baby is here.

I got my little girl a seat like a maxi cosi for her doll so I'm going to have that in the boot of the car so she can have it when she comes to see the new baby once it arrives.
    Really felt like baby had turned Saturday night, the top of my stomach had no baby or pressure but it was back Sunday morning. Baby to hospital weds so I'll have a better idea what the plan is, I'm going to brave it and if the doctor wants to try turn the baby then I'll let him try but def wouldn't consider a breech delivery, it'd be a section!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Cocoonababy/sleepyhead are not recommended because they are pillows, and hence increase the risk of SIDS. Yes, they help baby sleep better, but is that really a risk worth taking??

Saggycaggy is this your first?
    I just want to get weds over and know where I stand. Originally they said they'd induce me at 38 weeks to avoid a big baby, imagine if baby was in position then it could be next week, don't see that happening, even if it was a section at 39 weeks it's still so close!
    Even having had my first baby, I still find it hard to see me with the second baby!

I think I'm leaking fluid. I was sitting on the edge of the bed getting dressed and felt wet and here was a wet patch on the bed. I put one of those puppy pad things down and sat on it for a half hour and there was more wet patches on that. The fluid is clear so I'm hoping to jaysus it's not just wee leaking out of me. Rang the hospital and they said to come in to be assessed.

Are you 38 weeks now toots? It's a quick test to test if it's amniotic fluid. Best of luck :)

Thanks! I'm 37+2, I think the mucus plug came out on Saturday but not 100%. Not having pains or anything but I'll die of embarrassment if it's wee.

Best of Luck Toots!!

No this is my third New Farmers Wife! My youngest girl is 5 though so it all feels new to me again:) Back in the Rotunda tomorrow, 37+3days.

• Advertisement

My gp sent me off to hospital a good while back to check if it was fluid, I reckoned it was just my pelvic floor weakened, luckily I was right but the hospital never see anything as being silly. It'd be a big step if it's fluid and you've already lost the plug!

We're all similar so in due dates I'm 37+3. I def feel nervous at times during the day! My app is at 10.20 tomorrow but parking is an absolute disaster down there so I'm going to chance going in at 9, there's no real system there anyway

Cool we're both due around the 27th so?
    What hospital are you in?

Yeah I'm a bit nervous during the day too-my husband works in town (Dublin City Centre)so really I should have taxi numbers handy as it could be an hour waiting for him to come out and get me if things move fast:eek:
    It's the fear of the unknown.
    I'm hoping to relax (after all my ironing!) and listen to some gentlebirth podcasts and focus on what's ahead!

I'm bricking it right now. what is the test to see if it's amniotic fluid and not wee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Not sure what the test is Toots. Have suffered a bit with "discharge" as they so nicely call it the whole way through but was never tested. They were sure it was wee.
    Can happen me any time. Doesnt have to be after a sneeze etc. Happened last week during a wax i was having to have all tidied up for the section. V embarrassing but beautician is a friend so she passed no remarks. We just laughed which produced even more! Talk about loss of dignity.
    In for section on Thursday. Not sure what time yet but the end is in sight!!! Can't loom at my little two year old without wanting to bawl crying at thoughts of leavin him

It's just like a pregnancy test, it's a little strip and they swab basically and wait a few mins. Very simple really.
    It's amazing really how we accept the loss of dignity once pregnant or have had a baby!
    Oh wow Thursday is no time away. I know I'll be bawling when I've to leave my 2 year old knowing I'm going in to have another baby.

Cool we're both due around the 27th so?
    What hospital are you in?

Yeah I'm a bit nervous during the day too-my husband works in town (Dublin City Centre)so really I should have taxi numbers handy as it could be an hour waiting for him to come out and get me if things move fast:eek:
    It's the fear of the unknown.
    I'm hoping to relax (after all my ironing!) and listen to some gentlebirth podcasts and focus on what's ahead!

Yeah I'm the 27th but know it probably won't be a spontaneous natural labour, induced or section. I'm still undecided as to what formula to use, used aptamil last time to start with then on to goats milk after two weeks so won't start with aptamil on this baby!

When will you find out if it's a section?
    Are they telling you the baby is large?

I've asked at my last Rotunda visit about the size of the baby and they couldn't tell me-not sure why!
    I've not looked into bottles or formulas yet at all-hoping to feed myself again but I should probably be organised if that doesn't work out. So much to think about!

When will you find out if it's a section?
    Are they telling you the baby is large?

I've asked at my last Rotunda visit about the size of the baby and they couldn't tell me-not sure why!
    I've not looked into bottles or formulas yet at all-hoping to feed myself again but I should probably be organised if that doesn't work out. So much to think about!

I'm hoping I'll know tomorrow, baby was breech Christmas week, the consultant I see is the only one who'll attempt to turn baby but I'm not sure he tries it on everyone. Baby was always a week ahead on measurements, then went to 3 weeks and now only 2 weeks. But neither of us are exactly short. My first was 8lbs 8oz but she came out with her hand up to her face which caused the tear so they planned on delivering early by inducing me if baby was in position to avoid any more damage!
    They weren't going to tell me weight at 31 week scan but I asked, although I think weight is just an estimate and not very accurate. Going on weight at 31 weeks then this baby is def bigger than the first

I've bottles all cleaned now so that's a big job out of the way.

Best of Luck tomorrow so, are you hopefully for either induction or c-section?

• Advertisement

I'm just worried about having a 2 year old needing lifting after a section! Oh and being stuck here with mil for a few weeks!
    Were your first two natural?

Advertisement