Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've lost weight too, probably because it's been so hot lately and I've got no appetite. One thing I've noticed is I've let myself get dehydrated a few times, and the results have been extreme constipation, which is not pleasant. Forcing myself to drink plenty of fluids now, even if I really don't feel like it. For some reason all I want to drink is full fat coke, but obviously not going to because of all the caffeine and sugar. It's odd though, cos I'd usually prefer diet coke over the regular kind.

I suppose the good thing about this warm weather is it's the perfect excuse for flowy tops and maxi dresses, so if you're not telling people yet, it's the perfect disguise! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭annettea

Sorry Toots you must have gotten such a fright! I think it's what we all look out for and hope it never happens but I hope it was just a once off!
    I'm 11 weeks now I can't believe it really but yes very important to drink the water or the cramps are unbearable!! I do have a bump , the people that know have commented otherwise no comments and I know the girls are looking out for a bump at work because I didn't drink at a dinner the other week and they asked one of the co workers im friendly with ..
    How is everyone getting on? I'm wrecked, and the heartburn and I just want to sleep but I can't not with the little girl .. I miss my naps that I took with her ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LDN18

Had first 8 week scan today but my wife was told everything was very small for 8 weeks but good for 6 weeks?was a faint heartbeat.was also told possiblitity of MC.

This is our 1st pregnancy after years of trying and just wondered is it normal to be off by two weeks??

LDN18 wrote: »
    Had first 8 week scan today but my wife was told everything was very small for 8 weeks but good for 6 weeks?was a faint heartbeat.was also told possiblitity of MC.

This is our 1st pregnancy after years of trying and just wondered is it normal to be off by two weeks??

I was off by 3 weeks with my little girl. The cycle was irregular which caused that to happen. Hopefully all will go well..

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Unless your cycles are bang on, it is possible to be off. I was off by 2 weeks on my first baby and something like 2 and a half on this one.

Had more spotting today, scared the absolute crap out of me because I haven't really been feeling "pregnant" the last couple of days. I really thought the worst had happened so went in to the Rotunda and they scanned me and thankfully all is fine. I'm 8+2 today and the 8 week mark is scary for me cos one of my cousins and 2 of my best friends miscarried at 8 weeks, so I suppose subconsciously I was probably worrying about it. It was lovely seeing the baby start to look a bit more like a baby as opposed to a flashing blob.

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »
    Unless your cycles are bang on, it is possible to be off. I was off by 2 weeks on my first baby and something like 2 and a half on this one.

Had more spotting today, scared the absolute crap out of me because I haven't really been feeling "pregnant" the last couple of days. I really thought the worst had happened so went in to the Rotunda and they scanned me and thankfully all is fine. I'm 8+2 today and the 8 week mark is scary for me cos one of my cousins and 2 of my best friends miscarried at 8 weeks, so I suppose subconsciously I was probably worrying about it. It was lovely seeing the baby start to look a bit more like a baby as opposed to a flashing blob.

That is scary though, did you get checked for a kidney infection? I think most miscarriages is when there is no baby in the sac. That's what happened when I had mine and the girls that were with me in the hospital it was the same for them. Some women bleed throughout pregnancies. Did they say what maybe the reason for the bleeding?

They said it could have been anything, stretching or a little blood vessel breaking or something. I bled a lot at the start of my first pregnancy and my mum had it on all of us as well so they said you can also be "prone" to it. Sex can cause it too, but we hadn't been up to anything in the last few days.

Checked urine and it was all clear and they were asking had I got all my smear tests up to date so I suppose they wanted to rule out anything being wrong in my actual cervix. Roll on 12 weeks I say!

They said it could have been anything, stretching or a little blood vessel breaking or something. I bled a lot at the start of my first pregnancy and my mum had it on all of us as well so they said you can also be "prone" to it. Sex can cause it too, but we hadn't been up to anything in the last few days.

Checked urine and it was all clear and they were asking had I got all my smear tests up to date so I suppose they wanted to rule out anything being wrong in my actual cervix. Roll on 12 weeks I say!

Sounds like they gave you a great check up, hopefully you won't have too much spotting , hope your feeling better.. and you got to see an extra scan you lucky duck :)
    I went swimming today with my little girl because it was roasting and it's a great way to let down the self esteem. My boobs were huge in my swim suit and I looked as bloated as.. maybe I have more than one baby because it looks like that!! Shall not be going again till everything rounds up properly :) and new swim suit

I'm hoping my swimsuit fits cos there's no way in hell I'm going shopping for a new one now. It's one of those skirty ones so it should be a bit more forgiving.

Saw a few lovely maternity suits online though, but none with the skirts. I'd say a swim was heavenly on a day like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Omr78

Asos are having a great sale on maternity wear at the mo!
    I'm 10 weeks 3 days and my belly is huge which I'm putting down to water retention
    I'm on holidays in lanzarote at the moment so I don't have to hide the bump from family, friends and work colleagues until next week
    Really struggling in the heat today with constant nausea and still getting cramps
    I went for my 8 week scan and was told everything was strong and healthy so I'm just putting it down to growing pains but it's very hard not to feel anxious about it especially when I'm abroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thank god im not the only one with a few aches and pains. I took a pain just under my breastbone this afternoon and i honestly couldnt catch my breath with it. It passed after a few minutes but it was bloody scary. Had a scan on Tuesday and all good. I'm 10+3 aswell Omr. Jeans are beginning to get uncomfortable. Didnt show with my first baba until 20 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Omr78

heldel00 wrote: »
    Thank god im not the only one with a few aches and pains. I took a pain just under my breastbone this afternoon and i honestly couldnt catch my breath with it. It passed after a few minutes but it was bloody scary. Had a scan on Tuesday and all good. I'm 10+3 aswell Omr. Jeans are beginning to get uncomfortable. Didnt show with my first baba until 20 weeks!!

Until I buy maternity jeans I'm using a bobbin through the button hole and wrapping it around the button, huge relief hahaha

Omr78 wrote: »
    Until I buy maternity jeans I'm using a bobbin through the button hole and wrapping it around the button, huge relief hahaha

I got away with that on my first right up until the very end. What I ended up doing was looping 2 bobbins together to extend it a bit more, because that one pair of jeans was comfier than any maternity trousers I had. Then I got one of those lycra bump band yokes that kinda covers the bump, so it covered where my zipper was basically fully open :pac:

I remember I showed at about 16 weeks on my first, I wasn't showing at all, and then I woke up one morning and suddenly none of my trousers would button. My husband's sister was getting married that week, and I'd already bought my outfit (trouser suit thing) and suddenly the trousers wouldn't button and the blouse was gaping, so I had to run out at the last minute and buy something else!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

My other half had here 12 week scan on Wednesday , They gave us a due date of the 1st of Janauary , can't wait for it ,

My other half had here 12 week scan on Wednesday , They gave us a due date of the 1st of Janauary , can't wait for it ,

Oooh, so we might be seeing ye on the news next New Years Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Hey everyone, been keeping an eye, just haven't had the energy to actually write anythin. 2 days without getting sick, still nauseous at times but it's good to keep food down. We had a private scan last Sunday, all good, measuring a few days ahead and heart rate 170bpm. My hospital appointment is still another 3 and a half weeks away. Feels like the longest 12 weeks ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

So nearly 9.5 weeks now and I have this bump that's huge in the evenings-it's mad because I got to week 16 on my last pregnancy without having to tell work but now I'm hoping to get to 12. Such a difference but a good sign I guess.

The tiredness is still hard to cope with especially with long work days and 2 kids at home...........January seems to far away!! Hope you're all keeping well.

Oooh, so we might be seeing ye on the news next New Years Day!
    very possible but I reckon she will go over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

saggycaggy wrote: »
    So nearly 9.5 weeks now and I have this bump that's huge in the evenings-it's mad because I got to week 16 on my last pregnancy without having to tell work but now I'm hoping to get to 12. Such a difference but a good sign I guess.

The tiredness is still hard to cope with especially with long work days and 2 kids at home...........January seems to far away!! Hope you're all keeping well.

Fair play to you with two kids at home! Agreed January seems so far away. Im thinking of finishing up at xmas even though im not due until the 16th, taking unpaid leave before maternity. No point going back for a few days after new years!

Off for a week at the moment and managing to get out for 3k runs at the morning, making me feel a bit better. First time ive had the energy in 6weeks!

How is everyone,?? I have my last day at work tomorrow and it's been emotional.. for new years I decided to move back home to another county in least not another country !!
    At our pre school graduation the boss made a speech about me and I bawled!
    On a lighter note my 4 year old is asking me why my tummy is getting so fat. I told her because there is a baby in there, she asked did I pick a girl , I said I asked for a surprise.. I will not be happy if it is a boy she said 😀

• Advertisement

Hahaha! I remember when my mum was pregnant with my youngest sibling (there are 3 of us) my sister, who was about 4 at the time said "it better be a boy, if it's a girl I'm going to throw it out the window!" She also wanted to name it Paul Daniels. It was a girl :pac:

3 girls! That's like my mum she had 4 of them and I'm surprised she just didn't call one of us Trevor .. and than we all had girls except for last year when my sister had a boy!! Not called Trevor though . The curse is broken! Haha ..
    Goin for interview now. Eeek

Hi all, been a bit of a creeper 🙄🙈
    I don't have a boards Account and my husband keeps telling me to join this group! Due our first baby January 3rd! So very excited but like others January seems so far away! I'm 13 weeks 5 days today! Still suffer from naseous and vomiting?!
    All I seem to be able to keep down is carbs likes fries (esp McDonalds!), cereals (rice crispies) and bread! Stomach turns at the thoughts of anything healthy like fruit or veg! Just wondering is anyone else feeling this way? I ate so well before preganacy but have gone the total opposite since being pregnant!

Also still very tired!
    When does the energy come back?! 🙈

Thanks
    My OH is like that at minute ,she can't seem to eat anything but carbs, she literally has to force herself to eat some protein ,
    She's 14 weeks today

she's 14 weeks today ,

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

I don't have a boards Account and my husband keeps telling me to join this group! Due our first baby January 3rd! So very excited but like others January seems so far away! I'm 13 weeks 5 days today! Still suffer from naseous and vomiting?!
    All I seem to be able to keep down is carbs likes fries (esp McDonalds!), cereals (rice crispies) and bread! Stomach turns at the thoughts of anything healthy like fruit or veg! Just wondering is anyone else feeling this way? I ate so well before preganacy but have gone the total opposite since being pregnant!

Also still very tired!

Thanks
    I'm due in February but checking in here too. I'm the exact same, 8+5, I eat so so much veg normally and lately I'm gone off all the healthy foods I normally eat. I feel bad because dinner has been bread and jam on more than one occasion but a friend is a Dr and she said food is food when you're nauseous!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FirstTimeMom

Also still very tired!

Thanks

I am the same! I'm 9 and 4 (Due2/2) Actually can't eat anything other than bread or cereal! The thoughts or smell of any cooked food or vegetables makes me heave! My over heightened sense of smell doesn't help! Ive had cravings for chips but didn't feel so good after! I've figured that I need to eat every two hours not to let my stomach go empty...but I'm struggling with the lack of choice! Two bagels, a pita bread and two portions of cereal today 😌 I'm already sick of crackers!

Also finding that if I eat too much, I end up really bloated and get trapped wind!!

I have been wearing the travel wrist bands for the past three weeks but not sure if there is any difference!!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi all, im due in January too such an exciting time ahead!

Thanks god it's not just me regarding eating I'm
    14 weeks and my diet is rubbish! Hopefully it won't last too much longer! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

FirstTimeMom I'm in the November thread with baby #2, I lived on bread and cereal for most of the first trimester, it was dull but it was so easy to pick what to eat when I was constantly starving! Then I hit second tri and realised my beloved milk in the cereal and bread were causing most of my awful heartburn :( Can't have either of them now, it's a struggle to find meals/snacks that I can eat and want to eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FirstTimeMom

FirstTimeMom I'm in the November thread with baby #2, I lived on bread and cereal for most of the first trimester, it was dull but it was so easy to pick what to eat when I was constantly starving! Then I hit second tri and realised my beloved milk in the cereal and bread were causing most of my awful heartburn :( Can't have either of them now, it's a struggle to find meals/snacks that I can eat and want to eat!

Oh no..that's not what I want to hear!!

The only way I'm getting by is by thinking the symptoms are all going to end in the next two weeks!!

Im prone to heartburn too!!! Ye...it's either eat bread/cereal or end up hungry!! And once the hunger starts, so does the nausea!!

I've had a head cold for the last few days, which hasn't helped!!

I'm also very intolerable when I'm sick, but trying to hide being sick makes it even worse!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I think at this stage we eat what we feel like just to satisfy ourselves, I rarely hear people crave vegetables!! I find milk and ice cream make me congested and sick. I really dread the thoughts of heartburn, I got it towards the end of the last pregnancy, started drinking milk with whatever I ate to try help it, then I heard stories of people who had huge babies from drinking so much milk. My dd was 8lbs 8 so not huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Yeah I'm exactly the same with the food. Usually I bring a packed lunch with me everyday but these days I never know what I feel like I having so I'm spending money every day. Carbs carbs carbs!! I don't want to weigh myself again until about this time next year :P

Advertisement