Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yep that's them tea and cake, sorry I should have said compress instead of sachets, they are well pardon the pun the tits haha... My right boob seemed to take longer to kick into action and then it got very sore and cracked and a few days of putting the compress on (I used to just leave it there for as long as needed to help soothe) had it cleared up in about a week..

Not sure about the mother care nipple cream, I was trying to stick to more natural stuff so the moo goo was the one I went for after recommendations, and have to say it works without a doubt. And you don't have to worry about washing it off before feeds. The only thing to note there is if the feed is soon after applying, it can make the nipple a little slippy for the baby to latch on, so you might want to wash it off in that case..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Milly33 wrote: »
    Yep that's them tea and cake, sorry I should have said compress instead of sachets, they are well pardon the pun the tits haha... My right boob seemed to take longer to kick into action and then it got very sore and cracked and a few days of putting the compress on (I used to just leave it there for as long as needed to help soothe) had it cleared up in about a week..

Not sure about the mother care nipple cream, I was trying to stick to more natural stuff so the moo goo was the one I went for after recommendations, and have to say it works without a doubt. And you don't have to worry about washing it off before feeds. The only thing to note there is if the feed is soon after applying, it can make the nipple a little slippy for the baby to latch on, so you might want to wash it off in that case..

Excellent, thanks. I might just get the moo goo cream, want to be as natural as possible too. Did you use the multi mam Perineum Compresses?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Udder cream!! :pac: I don't care if it's terrible, I'm getting some of that purely for the comedy value!

Well that's what the stuff was made for in the dawn of time,or the beginning.. Some crowd in Oz made it for cows udders because they used to get sore from milking, it worked so well that they made one for the ladies too.. Have been using their products now the baby wash and moisturiser and find it very good. Have the psoriasis cream too and tis great for itchy spots..

No thank god I didn't need the Perineum compress, ended up a c section myself. Mind if the boob compress is anything to go by I would say they are worth the chance. €15.00 seems a lot for the little pack of them but they are so worth it, and you wont need to use them all the time.. You could even cut one in half to use on both boobs if you wanted..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Well that's what the stuff was made for in the dawn of time,or the beginning.. Some crowd in Oz made it for cows udders because they used to get sore from milking, it worked so well that they made one for the ladies too.. Have been using their products now the baby wash and moisturiser and find it very good. Have the psoriasis cream too and tis great for itchy spots..

No thank god I didn't need the Perineum compress, ended up a c section myself. Mind if the boob compress is anything to go by I would say they are worth the chance. €15.00 seems a lot for the little pack of them but they are so worth it, and you wont need to use them all the time.. You could even cut one in half to use on both boobs if you wanted..

Sorry Milly, can you get this stuff in mothercare?

• Advertisement

I don't think so you can get it in any good health food store or most chemists have it in stock here is on place online http://www.nourish.ie/c/moogoo/494

I know places in Loughrea or aroung Galway that have it if tis any good to you

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

I don't think so you can get it in any good health food store or most chemists have it in stock here is on place online http://www.nourish.ie/c/moogoo/494

I know places in Loughrea or aroung Galway that have it if tis any good to you

Where can you get it around galway anywhwre in the city?

The health store in Briar Hill stocks it, and id say Evergreen must at this stage,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Have we had no January babies yet?
    I had my hospital appointment on Wednesday and due back in 2 weeks (i'll be 39+4) but the Dr. thinks i'll be gone by then as the babies head is right down and turning as if trying to get out-eeeek!! So now I feel like it'll be any day but then again it could still be another 4 weeks:o

How's everyone feeling? I think I'm just a bag of nerves at this stage, I can't wait to meet this little one but want the labour over and done with!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

saggycaggy wrote: »
    How's everyone feeling? I think I'm just a bag of nerves at this stage, I can't wait to meet this little one but want the labour over and done with!!

I'm in February but could say exactly the same thing :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm in February but could say exactly the same thing :pac:

This could very well be a February baby, are you early Feb??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Due Feb 12. Bring it on tbh.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'm feeling like I could go soon, but knowing my luck I'll end up with a February baby. Bump has dropped down completely and feeling loads of pressure and niggly pains but no sign of baba yet. Dying to meet her, but also scared sh*tless for the whole labour thing. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I've def been a lot more crampy front and back in the last few days. On the way home from town today I think I started to panic about the labour!! I think it's the fact that it's getting close. I'm so tired too, my 2 year old used to love the cot but weds night she decided it was time to climb out so it's now a cot bed but she woke at 3.20 this morning and the broken sleep has me wrecked but I suppose it's getting me ready for a few weeks time!

Had my GP check up this morning and he reckons I don't have long left, apparently her head is right down. He said he'd be shocked if I go to term :) I'll probably go over now! :pac:

Yeah seems we havent had any Jan babies yet! Im going in tue to be induced to baby should be here by next Wed. My due date was 20th anyway so it was fairly close.

I had a bit of cramping, nothing major after the internal was done on me Tuesday. I had a bit of a bloody show on tue night and wednesday but thats gone now

Having cramps all day, lower back and front. hospital had me in to check all was okay, no labour yet so was sent home. Due on Tuesday! My tummy feels like she's about to pop out through the front of me. Sitting on the couch seeing if things calm down, otherwise it's back in. No other symptoms apart from that. Hard to read signs as either late pregnancy or signs of labour when it's your first baby!

All so exciting and terrifying!! It feels like there'll be a few babies born close together!! I just don't want to go over:o

mojesius wrote: »
    Having cramps all day, lower back and front. hospital had me in to check all was okay, no labour yet so was sent home. Due on Tuesday! My tummy feels like she's about to pop out through the front of me. Sitting on the couch seeing if things calm down, otherwise it's back in. No other symptoms apart from that. Hard to read signs as either late pregnancy or signs of labour when it's your first baby!

Yeah hard to tell with the signs! Do you know if youve started to dilate yet? I feel aswell as though their going to jump out of my tummy, the movements are really strong!

donkey10 wrote: »
    Yeah hard to tell with the signs! Do you know if youve started to dilate yet? I feel aswell as though their going to jump out of my tummy, the movements are really strong!

No dilation when they checked earlier today. Going to get the hubby to run me a bath, see if it helps the cramping. Tried timing things but it's so irregular... will be great if a few of us have babas the same few days

• Advertisement

No dilation when they checked earlier today. Going to get the hubby to run me a bath, see if it helps the cramping. Tried timing things but it's so irregular... will be great if a few of us have babas the same few days

Thats it we can keep each other updated with the signs and symptoms 😂😂😂

Slept like a log until 3am, woke up for a bowl of muesli (this middle of the night munchies thing has started up the last two weeks), then back to sleep for a few hours. Felt full of energy this morning and now the cramping is back. Still have energy so going to get get my end of year work self assessment done while I can! Its not due til mid march but I'll forget everything by that stage :D

Husband is outside de-doghairing the car :)

Slept like a log until 3am, woke up for a bowl of muesli (this middle of the night munchies thing has started up the last two weeks), then back to sleep for a few hours. Felt full of energy this morning and now the cramping is back. Still have energy so going to get get my end of year work self assessment done while I can! Its not due til mid march but I'll forget everything by that stage :D

Husband is outside de-doghairing the car :)
    I'm the exact same with the munchies. It's nuts. Glad I'm not alone. Unfortunately didn't sleep well, 2hours is the longest chunk I get lately.

I'm the exact same with the munchies. It's nuts. Glad I'm not alone. Unfortunately didn't sleep well, 2hours is the longest chunk I get lately.

Jesus , two hours is awful :( you must be wrecked. I find the pregnancy pillow on the couch works for me. The bed gets too hot!

Jesus same here, the bed is roasting. The hubby is there under the duvet doubled up - I'm lying there with no covers, in my undies, heating turned off and still absolutely boiling.

Consumed with the urge to clean today but I can only do a little bit at a time before having to sit down cos I'm so wrecked.

Jesus , two hours is awful :( you must be wrecked. I find the pregnancy pillow on the couch works for me. The bed gets too hot!
    I go back to sleep at least but last night was bad due to bad migraine.

Oh I thought it was just me!!! I am boiling, I'd love to have the window open but he's freeze :D

Toots wrote: »
    Jesus same here, the bed is roasting. The hubby is there under the duvet doubled up - I'm lying there with no covers, in my undies, heating turned off and still absolutely boiling.

Consumed with the urge to clean today but I can only do a little bit at a time before having to sit down cos I'm so wrecked.
    Thanks god it's not just me. Boiling.

I'm the same. Apartment needs a good clean but I'm swelling too much so have to sit down and rest. Trying to get a cleaner but can't find one to come out to me.

I went insane this afternoon and scoured the entire shower and bath from top to bottom - all the tiles, fittings, the lot. Hubby thought I was just going to the loo and when I was in there ages he came in to check on me and nearly had a stroke when he saw what I was up to. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Toots wrote: »
    I went insane this afternoon and scoured the entire shower and bath from top to bottom - all the tiles, fittings, the lot. Hubby thought I was just going to the loo and when I was in there ages he came in to check on me and nearly had a stroke when he saw what I was up to. :pac:

I went in to use the toilet one night and ended up scrubbing the shower, I stupidly used cilit bang as it was the only thing in the press, holy God I nearly died from the fumes :D

Putting the next2me crib back together tomorrow, I must put a little baby coat into the car seat with a blanket and have that ready for DH! And importantly get a doll for the little doll maxi cosi seat for my little girl!

I don't have the nesting urge at all...just changing lying positions and watching people run around. Jaysus it's roasting hot tonight as well :(

• Advertisement

I went in to use the toilet one night and ended up scrubbing the shower, I stupidly used cilit bang as it was the only thing in the press, holy God I nearly died from the fumes :D

Putting the next2me crib back together tomorrow, I must put a little baby coat into the car seat with a blanket and have that ready for DH! And importantly get a doll for the little doll maxi cosi seat for my little girl!

I accidentally nearly gassed the apartment when I was pregnant with my son. I was cleaning the bathroom and was putting harpic down the loo, but I only had enough to do half the loo, so I grabbed the toilet duck and went round the loo again, but there was a reaction between the two and it caused this awful smell and I couldn't go into the bathroom for ages - like I was afraid I was gonna have to call the fire brigade or something.

Eventually had to put a wet cloth over my nose and mouth, then go in and flush the mixture away. I mentioned it to my GP the next day and apparently one of the cleaners is amonia based and the other is chlorine based, and I'd unintentionally created chlorine gas! :pac: Hurrah for science!

Advertisement