Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Toots wrote: »
    I accidentally nearly gassed the apartment when I was pregnant with my son. I was cleaning the bathroom and was putting harpic down the loo, but I only had enough to do half the loo, so I grabbed the toilet duck and went round the loo again, but there was a reaction between the two and it caused this awful smell and I couldn't go into the bathroom for ages - like I was afraid I was gonna have to call the fire brigade or something.

Eventually had to put a wet cloth over my nose and mouth, then go in and flush the mixture away. I mentioned it to my GP the next day and apparently one of the cleaners is amonia based and the other is chlorine based, and I'd unintentionally created chlorine gas! :pac: Hurrah for science!

Oh dear!!! Do they warn you about this on the bottle or anything?? :eek:

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oh dear!!! Do they warn you about this on the bottle or anything?? :eek:

It does actually say on the back not to mix different cleaning products, but in fairness it's in very small writing that you'd be unlikely to read. What I probably should have done was clean the loo using the bit that was left in the end of the bottle, then made sure it was flushed away before going over it a second time with the different product. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lmc106

I’ve been roasting as well- was trying to convince everyone to turn the heat off last night but no joy! I’ve been getting slight cramps on and off but mostly tightening and sore down below if I walk around too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

Toots wrote: »
    It does actually say on the back not to mix different cleaning products, but in fairness it's in very small writing that you'd be unlikely to read. What I probably should have done was clean the loo using the bit that was left in the end of the bottle, then made sure it was flushed away before going over it a second time with the different product. :o

Would you believe the reason I actually know about this is because it was in a Malcom in the middle episode!!!!!

My granny asked for a pic of my bump front and side today. She is predicting a boy on the next full moon (31st jan - my due date) - watch this space!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Hello ladies. Our beautiful little girl was born last Thursday. Mammy, Daddy and her big brother are delighted. We didnt know gender of baby so she was a lovely surprise. She weighed 7lbs 15oz. Doing really well so far. Bottle feeding every 4 hours. Day one she was being fed every three like clockwork but since then we wait for her to look for it and wake herself.
    She was breech at 37 week checkup and the day before the c-section but nearly split me in two about an hour before theatre when she completely flipped around and got into correct position. Consultant said it's not common but can happen.
    Great to have her here safe and well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

donkey10 wrote: »
    Yeah seems we havent had any Jan babies yet! Im going in tue to be induced to baby should be here by next Wed. My due date was 20th anyway so it was fairly close.

I had a bit of cramping, nothing major after the internal was done on me Tuesday. I had a bit of a bloody show on tue night and wednesday but thats gone now

Hi all yes there’s one January baby I had my little girl by induction on January 2nd!!! I thought I posted that before now maybe I didn’t!

Baby girl is 2 weeks old tomorrow! People were talking about cream for nipples! I’ve been breast feeding exclusively and using the lanolin cream it’s in the purple box! I’m finding it great and can be found in most pharmacies and even Tesco!

Doesn’t need to be wiped before feeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Congrats Heldel00 and Pocos! Love hearing the baby news, I keep checking for updates.
    I downloaded a taxi app last night incase something happens suddenly and my husband won't make it home in time-I'm a nervous nelly at the minute but still not actually due until the 27th!!

Thanks saggycaggy! Ah nerves are to be expected and it’s the waiting around which is the worst part! You will be fine once is comes.

If anyone is having their baby in Waterford hospital I found the midwives consultants and staff excellent! I would give it 5 star treatment! Really well run and everyone very helpful! :)

Were you early or late Pocos?

I must get that Lanolin cream also.

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Were you early or late Pocos?

I must get that Lanolin cream also.

I was 40+2 days! I had gestational diabetes so consultant didn’t want me going much over the 40 weeks! I was due December 31st so between December and January posts!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Our baby girl was born yesterday evening, weighing 6.5 lb. Healthy and happy as Larry! When she was born, the alarm bells rang as the midwife thought she was being unresponsive but they all laughed as she was actually just really chillaxed :D

In love with her and haven't a clue what I'm doing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

mojesius wrote: »
    Our baby girl was born yesterday evening, weighing 6.5 lb. Healthy and happy as Larry! When she was born, the alarm bells rang as the midwife thought she was being unresponsive but they all laughed as she was actually just really chillaxed :D

In love with her and haven't a clue what I'm doing :)

You sound as chillaxed as your baby and that is so important. If you're anxious the baby will definitely pick up on that. I hadn't a clue first time round and my toddler is still alive so i must have been doing something right!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Congratulations hedel00, Pocos and mojesius! Hope ye are all doing well and enjoying all the little bundles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Congrats to you three!! Must be such a great feeling :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Congrats ladies, must be lovely to have it behind ye.
    I'm here sorting the spare room so if someone comes to mind our 2 year old that they can have somewhere to sleep! That's the last of the big jobs done then. I'm back to the hospital tomorrow, they're to examine me to see if I'll have a sweep!!!
    Donkey are you gone in today?

I'm here sorting the spare room so if someone comes to mind our 2 year old that they can have somewhere to sleep! That's the last of the big jobs done then. I'm back to the hospital tomorrow, they're to examine me to see if I'll have a sweep!!!

I'm due in for a sweep tomorrow week if nothing has happened before then. I had a sweep on my last daughter and she arrived 24hours later:D

Yup but not being induced until 10pm tonight, i dont know why they get us in so early. Just waiting around!

I had a sweep on my first and lost mucus plug 24 hours later but that was it, nothing else happens. I nearly got nervous ready that you were only 24 hours later and you kicked off!!!!
    They usually say be in between 3 and 5 and do all the checks and then first gel is at night. If you can get a good sleep or at least a decent sleep tonight it'll do you the world of good.

I had a sweep on my first and lost mucus plug 24 hours later but that was it, nothing else happens. I nearly got nervous ready that you were only 24 hours later and you kicked off!!!!
    They usually say be in between 3 and 5 and do all the checks and then first gel is at night. If you can get a good sleep or at least a decent sleep tonight it'll do you the world of good.

Hoping so although im in a room with a mother and baby so dont know how much of a sleep ill get! Midwife told me they will probably do 3 rounds of the gel and theyve to left 6 hours apart

Oh really, 3 rounds, I'm not sure if I got a gel in the morning when they said I was ready to have my waters broken. It's great if you get nice people in the ward with you. We had one girl who never opened her curtains, another who must have been in her late 40's who was moaning and groaning in labour on her 7th child and then a lovely girl across from me!

• Advertisement

Oh really, 3 rounds, I'm not sure if I got a gel in the morning when they said I was ready to have my waters broken. It's great if you get nice people in the ward with you. We had one girl who never opened her curtains, another who must have been in her late 40's who was moaning and groaning in labour on her 7th child and then a lovely girl across from me!

Had the gel an hour ago now, midwife said its normal for whole process to take 3 rounds of gel and 2-3 days , i know im a first timer but really that long like

How you getting on donkey? I got the gel and they said it would take two rounds but one got me to three cm in 6 hours... they then broke my waters! From first gel to baby being born took 10.5 hours on my first too so you just don’t know you could be lucky!!!

From first gel to baby being born with me was 17 hours and 5 of those hours was waiting for a room in the labour ward. God if you thought it was 2-3 days you'd go mad!
    Very quiet at the hospital today!

Hope all is going well Donkey!

I'm absolutely pooped, I can't shake off the tiredness, despite naps here and there- not sure i'd have the energy for labour today if it did start:p

How's everyone doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

So excited for you donkey10!! You can do this, the gels aren't nice and unfortunetly you cant tell what time they will kick in.. But tis true when labour starts you will be like ""ahhh that's it"...

Top tips keep control of your breathing, and have a mantra or something like you can do this, or something empowering to you..

The best one the doula told us was with gas breath in the gas at the end of the end of the last contraction so tis hit for the next one or it takes 20secs to take effect, if your husband can help with telling you when to breath it in...

Best of luck

I felt like that the other day, I was so exhausted there was no way I'd manage labour!

I had a sweep today, he's not confident it'll do much as the head is still high but he still he got a good bit of mucus so I'll be induced weds if no movement!!

I've just eaten the spiciest burrito known to man. If this doesn't get labour started I don't know what will :pac: My face is actually burning right now!

Said it be easier write it in a single post.
    Had a little boy at 3am.
    Serioisly long labour frm bein induced couldnt dilate at all. Will try do a post soon

Congrats Donkey!!
    Hope you're doing ok and getting rest after that.Well Done!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations Donkey! :)

Advertisement