Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Sage is quite potent so only a tiny amount is recommended.Small quantities....

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Tempted to just douse myself in the whole bottle!! It smells epic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

God I thought it smelled awful, I had to hold my breath dosing myself in it in hospital, I was desperate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Congrats to all those who have welcomerd their little angels this week. By time i got to the endof the thread to post id forgotten the names - puttin that down to a lack of sleep!!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Well still no sign of baby. I've had a heavy head cold for the last few days so I'm wondering if I didn't get the full effect of the oil seeing as how my sense of smell is affected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Nothing here yet either Toots, when are you due back in the Rotunda? I'm in on Tuesday......if I'm not in there before that:p

I'm in Wednesday, he said he'd do another sweep if I wanted, I wonder how many I have to get before they give me a free coffee :pac: I think there'll be a plan made for induction if I haven't gone by then. Going out for a big walk now to see if that helps. Been feeling lots of cramping for the last few days but nothing happening!

Went for a big walk on sandymount strand, then got back to the car to find the back window smashed in and my handbag was stolen out of the boot of the car. They obviously saw me put it in there because nothing else in the car was touched apart from the bag. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Toots wrote: »
    Went for a big walk on sandymount strand, then got back to the car to find the back window smashed in and my handbag was stolen out of the boot of the car. They obviously saw me put it in there because nothing else in the car was touched apart from the bag. :mad:
    Ah Toots, so sorry to hear that. Not what you need now at all. Besides money was there anything of personal value in it?

No cash at all in it, nothing that can't be replaced although the wallet had a bit of sentimental value. It's a pain in the arse though cos I had to cancel my bank cards and my cheque book, I'll have to fork out for a new driving licence and also my glasses were in there and they are about 250 to replace. It's more the hassle of getting it sorted and also fixing the car window. We'll probably get it valeted once the glass is replaced cos we've gone over it twice with the hoover and we're still finding bits of glass in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Toots wrote: »
    No cash at all in it, nothing that can't be replaced although the wallet had a bit of sentimental value. It's a pain in the arse though cos I had to cancel my bank cards and my cheque book, I'll have to fork out for a new driving licence and also my glasses were in there and they are about 250 to replace. It's more the hassle of getting it sorted and also fixing the car window. We'll probably get it valeted once the glass is replaced cos we've gone over it twice with the hoover and we're still finding bits of glass in it.
    Boll!x, that's crap and definitely sh!tty timing. Would it be worth claiming on your insurance?

I'm the same I put stuff in the boot all the time to be safer but as you say they must have been watching. So so horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Sorry to hear that Toots. Such a crappy thing to happen

Boll!x, that's crap and definitely sh!tty timing. Would it be worth claiming on your insurance?

I'm the same I put stuff in the boot all the time to be safer but as you say they must have been watching. So so horrible.

I think the insurance will cover the glass, but it's my husband's car and he's only got third party fire and theft so if the whole car had been stolen it would have been covered, the actual contents aren't covered in the event of a break in. It never occurred to me that the bag would be stolen out of the boot like that, just goes to show you can't be too careful. Luckily I had my phone on me so they didn't get that.

Awe that's horrible Toots, sorry to hear that. Thankfully no money gone by still not nice to happen at all.

It's annoying more than anything else. Perhaps I'm in some pre-birth Zen state, but the way I look at it is, it's just stuff and at least nobody was hurt. I'd probably be more annoyed if they'd gotten cash but it was a complete waste of their time so I'm enjoying imagining their expression when they opened the bag and realised there was no money in it! Oh and about 5 giant sanitary towels which I was carrying in case my waters broke :pac:

Due date today, and she's not showing any signs of making an appearance. The upside to all this is at least I'll get a lot of extra walking in while I'm trekking around Dundrum replacing all my Stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

Oh toots I have serious visions of the disappointment when they opened your bag to find them :D
    Don't worry ladies, before you know it you'll be over the labour, home with baby, dealing with sore wounds, leaky sore boobs and hormones that have you wondering if you're really normal :D but your baby will make up for all that!!!

Here's hoping New Farmers Wife! How are you getting on??

I'm off for a big walk in Phoenix Park now, did one there yesterday too hoping it would kickstart something!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lmc106

Oh toots I have serious visions of the disappointment when they opened your bag to find them :D
    Don't worry ladies, before you know it you'll be over the labour, home with baby, dealing with sore wounds, leaky sore boobs and hormones that have you wondering if you're really normal :D but your baby will make up for all that!!!
    If that’s not an exact experience of my past few days I don’t know what is!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

I only had a small episiotomy but the stitches seem to be getting tighter, I should be
    Getting more mobile instead of less. I seriously think we overlook the hard, sore, leaky boobs after having a baby!!!!!!
    Public health nurse will be here tomorrow to do the heel prick, I think I'll send my 2 year old off with my husband, I think it'd prob traumatise her to see him cry that hard!

I had quite a large episiotomy on my son and I definitely found the stitches started to feel quite tight after a couple of days. My GP recommended having a bath if they started to feel really uncomfortable and it definitely helped kinda soften them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Maybe get the nurse to check the stitches if they’re a bit sore? Mine got infected and I had to go back to the hospital when baba was 8 days old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I only had a small episiotomy but the stitches seem to be getting tighter, I should be
    Getting more mobile instead of less. I seriously think we overlook the hard, sore, leaky boobs after having a baby!!!!!!
    Public health nurse will be here tomorrow to do the heel prick, I think I'll send my 2 year old off with my husband, I think it'd prob traumatise her to see him cry that hard!
    Yeah i sent the husband off for a walk with 2yr old when PHN was here for heel prick. Baby roared crying and i bawled too. Plus PHN said its a better to not have other children there because they will associate the crying and upset with her amd won't want to see a bit of her coming.

A great tip that she actually gave us was put two pairs of socks on over baby's babygro, wrap feet in a blanket and leave baby sitting on your body for at least 2 hours beforehand. If baby's feet are very warm then the blood is much easier to get. And they surprisingly need quite a bit to complete the complete the test.

I am killed with pain in my right shoulder since section. Never heard of shoulder tip pain lasting this long though. It is really bad and so much worse at night when i lie down. Much worse than the actual wound pain from the section. I woke my husband the other night in floods of tears because i couldn't wind the baby. Have a difene suppository that my neighbour gave me because she called earlier and saw the pain i was in. Fingers crossed it gives a bit of relief.

Yes the boobs are a killer too when they are drying up. Thank god I'm over that but it took 10 days. You never think of all these things during the pregnancy!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Definitely ask the PHN to check the stitches (she’ll probably offer anyway). Mine came three times to check them which was great. Mine felt tight a few days after as well and I had the same problem with stitches after a lap and dye.

For the heel test I held his heel in my hand to warm it up and he didn’t cry at all and loads of blood came out. He hated being weighed though because of the nakedness.

I didn’t have a section but had shoulder tip pain after my lap and dye as well ... so horrible. I found that a hot water bottle on my shoulder helped.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

If I remember right, stitches feel tight for a good two weeks afterwards (no episiotomy here, but tears).I move very carefully for two weeks or so, especially sitting down and getting up.I tell myself it's because it's healing but it's a yuck feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

How would you know if you get an infection from the stitches from episiotomy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

donkey10 wrote: »
    How would you know if you get an infection from the stitches from episiotomy?

For me the first sign was increased pain. The pain got way worse in the evenings in particular about a week and a half after the birth so I said it to my GP at the 2 week check up and he gave me antibiotic prescription.

Also if you notice an unpleasant smell or the area feels hot to the touch that can be a sign of infection. I suppose given where it is, it's an area that could easily get an infection.

Our little boy was born this afternoon, we're thrilled as are his 2 older sisters. Long enough day, awake since 3am with cramps but out he popped with 10minutes of pushing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Congratulations saggycaggy :)

• Advertisement

Congratulations!!!

Advertisement