Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Our little boy was born this afternoon, we're thrilled as are his 2 older sisters. Long enough day, awake since 3am with cramps but out he popped with 10minutes of pushing. :)

Congrats saggycaggy, it's great to have it behind you, enjoy every minute :)

Donkey I didn't have as much worry with my third degree tear as I do after the episiotomy.I was in awful pain when I moved for the last two days and then today all of a sudden there was relief, I think one or two stitches have gone and I had to get DH to look and he reckons I need to watch out as one wound looks like it could easily get infected!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭donkey10

Congrats saggycaggy, it's great to have it behind you, enjoy every minute :)

Donkey I didn't have as much worry with my third degree tear as I do after the episiotomy.I was in awful pain when I moved for the last two days and then today all of a sudden there was relief, I think one or two stitches have gone and I had to get DH to look and he reckons I need to watch out as one wound looks like it could easily get infected!

Ya i went to admissions befire i left to get them have a look at it as i thought stitches on my right were getting extra tight but they said not to worry it was healing well.

How long is it expected to be bleeding down there? I still am (not an awful lot) and will be two weeks this Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Donkey bleeding can last up to about 6 weeks, less for some longer for others. It lasts about 3 weeks for me but I know others who've had some level of it for 8-9 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I was about three weeks as well. The third week was a good bit lighter than the first 2 weeks.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think I had bleeding for nearly 5 weeks but for the last week or 10 days it was just like a light period, so not hugely inconvenient. After about a fortnight I switched from maternity pads to regular overnight pads because it was easier to get them in the shops.

• Advertisement

I think I had only about 1 day of proper bleeding this time and since then it's so light. What I'd have for a whole day wouldn't even nearly fill a pad so switching to the smaller maternity ones!
    Just got out for a walk with my little man, the fresh air was amazing
    We're off tomorrow to bring him for craniosacral therapy, we found it great for our first baby, she was very unsettled but he had a very fast delivery so that can affect them too.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Have reached the end of my rope and took some castor oil. Nothing happening yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Fingers crossed it's soon Toots!!

Hopefully soon Toots hang in there!

She's here! Went into labour about 4am, waters broke at 5, got to the rotunda at 6:50 and she was born at 7.39! Weighed in at 10lb 6oz and she's beautiful :)

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »
    She's here! Went into labour about 4am, waters broke at 5, got to the rotunda at 6:50 and she was born at 7.39! Weighed in at 10lb 6oz and she's beautiful :)

Oh wow, congrats toots :) nice and quick, do you think the castor oil helped?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah well done toots!!!

Congrats Toots, fab news!!I'm probably down the hall from you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What a chunk! Congratulations Toots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭figrolls

Congratulations Toots!!

That was quick in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Well done toots. Delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

Congratulations Toots. I'm definitely taking castor oil now :)

Congrats Toots! Enjoy the newborn cuddles!

Thanks guys, she's down in the special care unit because I had group b strep last time round and she was born so fast there wasn't time for antibiotics so she's down for observation.

I don't know did the castor oil actually do anything but by jaysus it was fast. A bit scary if I'm honest. I was 5cm when we got to the hospital and then when they tried to get me to sit on the edge of the bed for the epidural all of a sudden I felt her head start to be born and 2 contractions later she was out.

Congrats Toots!!

• Advertisement

Hope she's doing OK Toots, how are you feeling?

We're getting out tomorrow, time for my girls to meet their little Bro. I can't wait to get home but enjoying lapping up being served and well looked after:)

saggycaggy wrote: »
    Hope she's doing OK Toots, how are you feeling?

We're getting out tomorrow, time for my girls to meet their little Bro. I can't wait to get home but enjoying lapping up being served and well looked after:)

I'm feeling grand, a tad tender where the stitches are and for some reason my back is fecked, but that could be my spine adjusting to no longer having a 10lb baby pulling on it!

You must be so excited to get home! Are the girls dying to meet him? Have to say, I can't believe how nice the food is in here!

The food is fab!! I feel spoiled but overall I must say the service in the Rotunda has been amazing, from all the staff.

Yeah my girls can't wait to meet their little bro, still can't believe I have a son:)
    A bit tender myself from episiotomy but feel good overall, ready for home.

You'll probably be more comfortable in your own bed. I miss my memory foam mattress :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Oh those beds!!
    Hope you're doing ok Toots, they seem to have changed procedures round group b strep babies from what I'm hearing lately.My waters went first on my first and although they got antibiotics in on time, her temp rose after 24 hours and she was brought to NICU (and actually they would have discharged me earlier that day only I couldn't have been bothered coming back in for a jaundice check the next morning and decided to just stay they extra night).She was on antibiotics for a few days after, and they took blood for tests.Seems to be more proactive now, they try to prevent with early drugs when they know strep b is there, rather than reacting to signs like temp raises etc.Hopefully you won't be there too long, although it's nice to be fed!!!!

How's your little girl doing toots? How are all the babies doing so far?
    We just had our second phn visit, little man went from birth weight of 8lbs 11 to 8lbs 7 Monday and back up to 8lbs 10 today. Jaundice is finally starting to clear, it's not wonder as he's taking 3oz and we'll have to up him to 4 to get longer between feeds.
    We were using Dr browns bottles but they keep leaking so I had gotten some of the mam anti colic bottles free at the pregnancy and baby fair in October so we've switched to them. Don't need a steriliser with them either, they're self sterilising.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Good to hear your little man is doing well! Our girl put on 1.5 lb since birth nearly 3 weeks ago but she was only 6.5 lb at birth so needed to make up for it!! She's already showing signs of a strong character, the noises she makes are hilarious.

I've been breastfeeding, going much better than I thought but the nightime feeds are tough, some nights she's waking every 1.5-2 hours and others it's 3-4 hours. I got mastitis yesterday so on antibiotics, not too bad as I caught it early, just hoping the pills kick in before it gets bad

Hey girls, all going well here too. Little Charlie has settled right in and his older sisters love him.
    I had an episiotomy so I'm still struggling with the discomfort and pain since then-anyone else the same? I was hoping to stay another few days in my jammies but we've to pop back into the Rotunda today for the heel prick test, the thought of dressing and walking anywhere makes me squirm (that's how sore I still am:()

What was the first sign of the mastitis mojesus? Feeding going well here too but it's something I'd be worried about getting. Public health nurse calling Monday so dying to know how his weight has changed.

Unfortunately the episiotomy can take quite a while to heal for some people. I’m 5 weeks later and still have discomfort (mine got infected). Hopefully yours will be quicker. Take your painkillers, do your best to keep it clean and dry (easier said than done) and watch out for signs of infection. Showers and baths help I’ve found. Pelvic floor exercises help healing as well but it was a few weeks before I was brave enough to try.

• Advertisement

Thanks Bee06, yeah stocking up on the painkillers and pouring water over down there when going to the toilet- i'll get there. After a 3rd degree tear on my first and episiotomy on my 2nd and now this I'm sure my perineum would appreciate no more little people passing through :p

Advertisement