Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks! I'll be bringing a cold sugary drink with me just in case :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,802 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

We got a lend of a doopler yesterday
    She is 16 weeks gone but i was against her using it as i was afraid if she didn't finds the baby which can happen for loads of reasons  she would worry herself sick and last thing she needs is the stress
    ,But she decided she wanted to and after 25 nervous minutes of trying she eventually found the baby and it was amazing ,It was one of them memorable moments for me ,
    We have both now agreed we wont use it again and wait till the 20 week scan ,

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,925 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

So my 5 year old wanted cereal this morning but the milk had gone off. He turns around to me and goes "have you not started generating milk yet?" I nearly wet myself :pac:

How did you get on today Saggy Caggy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Toots wrote: »
    How did you get on today Saggy Caggy?

All good Toots-wriggly baby in there measuring a good size! I was thinking of you when I was getting my bloods done as it took them 4 attempts to get my vein-seemingly I have thin veins. The trainee midwife tried both arms but no luck so the other midwife tried it then and eventually got it phew! The sorest part was taking off the plasters last night.

How did you get on? I was gone by about 3pm-I kept wondering were you there in the waiting room at the same time as me :P

• Advertisement

saggycaggy wrote: »
    All good Toots-wriggly baby in there measuring a good size! I was thinking of you when I was getting my bloods done as it took them 4 attempts to get my vein-seemingly I have thin veins. The trainee midwife tried both arms but no luck so the other midwife tried it then and eventually got it phew! The sorest part was taking off the plasters last night.

How did you get on? I was gone by about 3pm-I kept wondering were you there in the waiting room at the same time as me :P

Possibly was! I think I was in all 3 at one stage or another. There was a few waiting so they brought me down to the private clinic to take my details and do the bloods but there was nowhere to lie down and the midwife barely for the strap on my arm when I started to get dizzy :( so she just did my history and said she'd bring me back upstairs so I could lie down while they did it.

Went upstairs and the midwife who did them was so lovely, I was crapping it cos I had a really bad time with booking bloods last time round but she gave me a big glass of Lucozade beforehand and then used a baby sized needle so I genuinely didn't feel it until she was putting the plaster on. For the first time in my life I was able to stand up and go straight after the test. Usually I have to lie down for a few mins til my head stops spinning :o

The consultant was lovely and he spent ages on the scan so we got to see loads of baba (who was going bananas possibly due to the sugar rush from the lucozade) I thought he was having trouble getting measurements but he was actually just trying to get some good pictures for us.

I've to go back at week 28 for a Glucose Tolerance test, so I'm nervous about that, but the fact that I was grand at the bloods today is a confidence boost. The poor hubby will have to take the day off to accompany me for that though :pac:

I was wondering would I see you in the waiting room, but everyone in the room with me all seemed to be super pregnant, I think I was the only one in that room on their first appointment.

oh I thought the same thing too! There was only one or 2 others that seemed in the early stage.
    Were you wearing a striped tshirt by any chance? I don't know why but there was a lady at the door as I was leaving the receptionist and I wondered was it you!!

Awe you poor thing-at least that bit is all over for now.........labour will be grand in comparison:p
    I'm back at 20weeks for the big scan and then 24weeks for next visit to the clinic.

Yes I was! I also had my hair in pigtails :pac: I think I was going back in to hand the forms in at that stage.

Ha that's mad! I would have passed by you so leaving the office then. We may meet again!

How's everyone getting on? TGIF!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 lmc106

First scan and bloods were on Wednesday and even though I cried through the whole blood test and felt like I was going to pee myself from nerves while waiting for the scan - everything was fine thank God. Baby was rolling all around the place and the tech said we had a super active baby... sounds like a good dose of daddy's genes got passed on then!

Still feeling sick and throwing up most mornings. I'm going to tell work the news today so they can take some mercy on me as I may need more breaks/ maybe cut back a little on shifts. When is everyone else announcing the news and how? I love fun announcement stories :D

• Advertisement

I think my 20 week scan is the 15th of September, but AFAIK it's in the main hospital bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Dee01

I'm due 31-1 but my scan isn't til next week. I'll be 13 weeks then. I wasn't sure what group to go into, but it's nice seeing what you guys are going through so I know what's to come!

I have pretty much had a perfect pregnancy really so far apart from the tiredness.... that has been incredible. I forget whole conversations even took place! But now Today I've been hit with nausea and feeling dreadful like a tonne of bricks. I don't know how you Mammy's who have felt like this all the way cope. I'm In bits!

Hope you are all going to have a nice relaxing weekend ladies x

Got a call from the hospital today to say that my pee sample came back showing "multiple growths" so I've to go in tomorrow and do another one so they can make sure I don't have a UTI. Thing is with UTI any time I've had one before the main symptom is needing to pee all the time, but that's kinda par for the course anyway when you're up the duff! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Toots wrote: »
    Got a call from the hospital today to say that my pee sample came back showing "multiple growths" so I've to go in tomorrow and do another one so they can make sure I don't have a UTI. Thing is with UTI any time I've had one before the main symptom is needing to pee all the time, but that's kinda par for the course anyway when you're up the duff! :pac:

(In from the November 2017 thread)

I've had those results a couple of times now and had to retest and it has always come back clear. I am currently waiting on lab results from a urine sample I gave on Thursday that had protein and white cells. Apparently the UTI symptoms in pregnancy are often silent. I am sick of peeing all over my hand while aiming for the stupid teeny sample containers!

(In from the November 2017 thread)

I've had those results a couple of times now and had to retest and it has always come back clear. I am currently waiting on lab results from a urine sample I gave on Thursday that had protein and white cells. Apparently the UTI symptoms in pregnancy are often silent. I am sick of peeing all over my hand while aiming for the stupid teeny sample containers!

Oh my god, it's just the worst! I usually manage to pee everywhere but the feckin container :o I went to Holles St for my first baby and their sample containers were actually quite big - I used to rob a pile of them every time I was in so I could use them for when I had my GP appointments because they used the little narrow jars.

I see on Amazon that you can bulk buy the larger sample pots, so I think I'm going to do that for the future, but they asked me specifically to do the sample while I'm in the hospital tomorrow, so I'll use whatever jar they give me there.

Just got another call there and apparently I'm not immune to rubella! I've to be vaccinated again after the baby is born.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

Anyone else starting to show? I've gotten huge the last couple of weeks! Jeans becoming an issue ðŸ˜

mojesius wrote: »
    Anyone else starting to show? I've gotten huge the last couple of weeks! Jeans becoming an issue ðŸ˜

Yep! Not so much pregnant looking, but certainly looking fat :o Jeans haven't closed since week 10, but I got one of those bump band yokes that cover up the open fly, so I'm still in the jeans just with the buttons open. I think leggings under dresses are going to become a wardrobe staple soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

17 weeks today and away on holidays! I was told before bumps love heat and I can really see an increase in the bump this week! Not sure how big as all clothes with me are summer dresses and elasticated shorts. It will be interesting when home what the jean situation will be like. I don't look pregnant but someone who needs to to lose a few pounds!!!!

I'm coming up on the 14weeks now and defo not able to hide it any longer!! by evening time I feel huge.
    I'll have to go buy maternity jeans this weekend-New Look have some nice ones that aren't too expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭mojesius

I'm coming up on the 14weeks now and defo not able to hide it any longer!! by evening time I feel huge.
    I'll have to go buy maternity jeans this weekend-New Look have some nice ones that aren't too expensive.

Great. I'll take a trip to New look this weekend thanks for that. I'm the same, I expand progressively during the day, like that feeling when you've eaten lots of pizza or bread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I find h&m jeggings and jeans fab too, and not too expensive. Currently wearing my h&m €30 jeggings through second pregnancy, wore them from 17 weeks last time until about 8 weeks after!

mojesius wrote: »
    Great. I'll take a trip to New look this weekend thanks for that. I'm the same, I expand progressively during the day, like that feeling when you've eaten lots of pizza or bread :)

Except I'm feeling it because I have actually eaten lots of pizza and bread:P
    I'm still on the carb stage and hate it-eating so so much but feel I need it.

Some of the jeans in New Look had the over the bump band which just sagged on me at this stage but I tried on a pair called something like Jenna that fitted perfectly......I just have to wait until pay day tomorrow to buy them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭New farmers wife

On my last pregnancy I had a pair of over the bump jeans from next, got them in the sale, I loved them. Not sure if they'd fit this time tho! I got a few nice bits in h&m last time. I want to find some stretchy skinny jeans, I have penney's ones but need something that will be over the bump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

I got the Jenna over bump ones in New Look and they still sag at 20 weeks.

Got two pairs on boohoo and they are perfect. Were about €26.

lashes34 wrote: »

oh maybe it wasn't Jenna so as these were under the bump the ones I tried on. If I get them tomorrow I'll let yas know! must check out boohoo too, thanks.

oh maybe it wasn't Jenna so as these were under the bump the ones I tried on. If I get them tomorrow I'll let yas know! must check out boohoo too, thanks.

Pretty sure they had Jenna under and over the bump!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

lashes34 wrote: »

How did you find the boohoo jeans? Did you get maternity or go up a size?

I've got jeggings from new look (not maternity ones) but I'm getting great wear out of them cos they're so soft. Button hasn't fastened since about week 8 but those belly band yokes are a godsend.

• Advertisement

How did you find the boohoo jeans? Did you get maternity or go up a size?

Got two pairs of maternity ones, over the bump. Didnt go up a size. I never know what size I am in jeans. In Penneys I am a 14, got a 12 in New Look and they were a little big so got 10s from BooHoo and are a perfect fit if that is any use to you!

Edit: codes from boohoo are DZZ70224-132-18 & DZZ70222-106-18

Advertisement