Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Access to Texecom alarm from my phone

Options
  • 26-05-2017 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi there, I recently had a burglar alarm system from Texecom. It's all installed and up and running. The third party I bought it from never mentioned anything about me being able to access it from my phone or other device and when I asked them I got this response: ''Texecom have released an app for alarm control, there is an annual licence fee in order to have remote access to this''
    Is this normal? I thought it was pretty standard these days to be able to access alarm from your phone?
    I have the same qn re CCTV which I'll put in another thread

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The charges are there on some systems. Many charge for more advanced options like GPRS back up etc but most standard apps are free from most manufacturers..

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Fayre

So there are other manufacturers that allow remote access to the alarm on your phone without any annual fee?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most manufacturers have a free option.
    GSD
    Siemens Vanderbilt
    Risco
    Pyronix
    To name a few.

I wonder why the company I hired to do my audio visual alarm CCTV extra chose Texecom then, when they don't have a free option. It's a pity

Some companies only install one system . It can be by choice, by limitation of experience or by motivation of commission on the annual fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Or in the case of Texecom, part of a buyers group.

What's a buyer's group kub?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Fayre wrote: »
    What's a buyer's group kub?

https://www.google.ie/search?q=what+is+a+buyers+group&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gws_rd=cr&ei=vXcsWe3PGqKFgAbg_ajoDw

I know for sure that a certain buyers group of installers in this country use Texecom panels as they source most of their gear ex UK.

I tried researching Texecom when we were at quotation stage, could find very little online about them good or bad. I trusted teh company I was hiring were picking a good system. It's disappointing now to find out it doesn't have what's considered basic functionality these days i.e. being able to access the information remotely

Advertisement