Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valentia Triathlon Cycle

Options
  • 26-05-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

What is the general thinking on bike selection for the Valentia sprint tri? Is the first 4km a sticky climb, any technical parts ?
    I've a TT and road bike and would be comfortable on both with similar power outputs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

Its a drag going up all right, but TT bike all the way. The only concern would be against deep rims/discs on a very windy day. I haven't biked that route in a year so can't speak as to the current surface.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Tt all the way. Bit tricky out the back if it's windy. Also pain in the ass if your a weak swimmer it's hard to pass people out.
    okane1 wrote: »
    What is the general thinking on bike selection for the Valentia sprint tri? Is the first 4km a sticky climb, any technical parts ?
    I've a TT and road bike and would be comfortable on both with similar power outputs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

Pidae.m wrote: »
    Tt all the way. Bit tricky out the back if it's windy. Also pain in the ass if your a weak swimmer it's hard to pass people out.

Swimming would be my strength. TT bike it is so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Pidae.m

Your sucking diesel so.
    okane1 wrote: »
    Swimming would be my strength. TT bike it is so

Advertisement