Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant ID

Options
  • 26-05-2017 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

ok, I have a few things growing unintentionally in the gardens and would like to know what they are so I can either move them to a suitable location or else get rid of them. All help is very much appreciated.

First image is the first plant.

Next two are the second.

Last two are the third.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Just from the photos I would guess Ash as the first plant, and maybe cherry for the second two. They both look like saplings I get in my own garden where there is a number of wild cherry trees growing in the hedges... Would be worth getting another opinion on them, but the natural growth size of these if I'm right is fairly big so might not suit standard size gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,445 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I agree the first could be ash. The second could be cotoneaster, no idea what the third one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

1 Ash.
    2 Goat willow
    3 Goat willow
    I'd get rid of the goat willows but keep the Ash if I had room for a large tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

First is Ash - a tree that seeds freely.
    Nos 2 and 3 could be privet, blackthorn, cotoneaster, or fuchsia, or a willow.
    Nos 4 and 5 look to me like cherry, or willows, or apple or pear.

Advertisement