Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilrush - Up the Creek Entry

Options
  • 26-05-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Anyone have an entry available for this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

I'm entered but its looking unlikely I'll make it- if they accept transfers you can have mine at cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Hadn't realised this is sold out so by any chance if anyone else has an entry please :o

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

Hi Kurt,

That would be great if your not doing it. I'll contact the organisers and send you a pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

DaveR1 wrote: »
    Hi Kurt,

That would be great if your not doing it. I'll contact the organisers and send you a pm!

Entry gone to DaveR1- if anyone can help out Shell to Run please do so ASAP while they still allow transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Doing this on sunday! My first sprint triathlon. Any tips for it? Whats the course like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

Kurt.Godel wrote: »
    Entry gone to DaveR1- if anyone can help out Shell to Run please do so ASAP while they still allow transfers.

Cheers Kurt. Happy to report I got sorted. Looking forward to my first tri in two years!!

Did my first sprint triathlon in Kilrush yesterday. Such a well organised race and was very friendly.
    In typical newbie style I couldn't get off my wetsuit so T1 took me over 3minutes. I also got a 10 second penalty for stepping over the dismount line on the cycle. Then I fell flat on my face for coming out too fast on the run and my legs turned to jelly!

I wasn't expecting the bike to be so tough. It was 23km and not 21km by my watch, same as everyone else in strava. Also was seriously steep hills on the windy wild atlantic way. I usually would fo 23km in under 40mins but it took me 50minutes yesterday! I know for next year to practice hills over speed.

All in all a great event and will be back next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kyserium

Er, um ...did anyone else notice that Liam Liddy was 9th woman overall (well done Liam, fine race :)) in the results posted up on the TI FB page?? I can forgive the posting immediately after the race on the Sunday in Kilrush, but to officially post incorrect results?

Kyserium wrote:
    Er, um ...did anyone else notice that Liam Liddy was 9th woman overall (well done Liam, fine race ) in the results posted up on the TI FB page?? I can forgive the posting immediately after the race on the Sunday in Kilrush, but to officially post incorrect results?

I think they've rectified that now but yes the results were all over the place. I wonder were the mixed up results transfers?

Advertisement