Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update from previous posts

Options
  • 26-05-2017 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

This is where I am at with EIR after 7 months and appalling customer service....and for €50 per month. See pictuer attached.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi gettafeck,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear this.

You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/. 

I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gettafeck

Hi Anna.
    So it appears that you are like most people who work for EIR. YOU DONT LISTEN.
    I have Efibre in my house but as I am 2.3 kms from the box I was told by a EIR engineer that I should not have had it installed as I am too far from the exchange. THIS IS EIRS MISTAKE NOT MINE!

So- to clarify.
    I HAVE EFIBRE!
    I AM PAYING EFIBRE PRICES!

AND I AM GETTING DSL SPEEDS BECAUSE OF EIR SELLING A PRODUCT THAT THEY COULD NOT DELIVER.

Just once I would like to have a conversation with someone from EIR that actually listens and can acknowledge that you have a problem with the service you are providing. Instead I get the "loyality" departments who I can barely understand spouting the same scripted ****e!

and you can keep deleting these posts because you don't like them but I will continue to post them until I get some satisfaction fro EIR!

I'm very sorry you feel this way and I can assure you eir have not removed any posts that our customers post. 

If the post contains inappropriate language or content it would automatically be hidden or blocked through a spam setting.

If you would like me to look into this further for you, can you please PM me your full name and account number?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mistake is not Eirs.  Its openEirs, and just a technical limitation of the MELT testing that auto rates the lines. Same issue would have occurred with ANY VDSL provider. Sales teams cannot know in advance of the order if you're out of range if the prequal gives a false positive. 

Cancel or dont cancel, no point raving on about it. The "fix" will be your inclusion in the NBP by 2022. 

ED E wrote: »
    Mistake is not Eirs.  Its openEirs, and just a technical limitation of the MELT testing that auto rates the lines. Same issue would have occurred with ANY VDSL provider. Sales teams cannot know in advance of the order if you're out of range if the prequal gives a false positive. 

Cancel or dont cancel, no point raving on about it. The "fix" will be your inclusion in the NBP by 2022. 
     So you have all the terminology and Im very impressed but you should read the actual posts.
    It was the two engineers who said I should not have been sold the package as I am 2.3 Kms from the cabinet. And EIR states on their website "Typically a stable fibre service can be delivered when the copper cable from the cabinet travels up to 1.5-2km."
    AND my contract is with EIR  ergo its EIRS problem!
    AND I cannot cancel the contract without paying EIR more money for FA!

• Advertisement

I have responded to your PM in regards to this gettafeck.

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Im no 100% sure but i suspect you pay same price for NGB and you do for Eir's efibre product, only difference in price i believe is from their download amounts per package.

This would be inline with other providers, so regardless of having efibre or ngb you would prolly pay same price.

Im no 100% sure but i suspect you pay same price for NGB and you do for Eir's efibre product, only difference in price i believe is from their download amounts per package.

This would be inline with other providers, so regardless of having efibre or ngb you would prolly pay same price.
    Well then EIR need to amend their prices to correspond with the service provided. i.e. lower service = lower price. Seems only fair. Why am I paying the same as someone who is getting over 15 times the performance.
    Anyway, thanks for your input Sour Lemonz :)

I'm afraid our prices would reflect the upload and download combined usage and not any speeds as speeds are not guaranteed.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused to you and please let us know how you get on with your new appointment.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement