Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empty promises from Eir

Options
  • 26-05-2017 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi, I ordered eir broadband in February last year, I was promised on the phone that it would be at least 20mb, well I got nowhere near that, i get about 5mb, 7 at most, i cant even use the eir sports /tv because the connection is so slow, yet I still have to pay

I spent ages on the phone doing all the usual troubleshooting lark, and it made no difference, I was offered a cancellation but I was advised that eFiber would soon be available and I would be upgraded for free, so I said I will be patient and wait. And wait is what I did. The cabinet that services my address was on the eFiber map to be upgraded within 6months, this was 14 months ago, I checked a few months ago and its not even listed anymore for upgrade, I rang up Eir to find out what the story was and they said they had no date when it was going to be available

So finally, I'm sick of the terrible speeds & watching Netflix buffer the whole time so I went with a different ISP, virgin media, they offered me 240mb for the same price & that's exactly what i got, 241mb actually to be correct.

I call up eir to cancel the broadband and they want another month charge 50 plus 30.55 cancellation fee.

I was offered to cancel but didnt because i was promised upgrade within 6months

First eir broke the contract with me by not providing what was promised
    The router didn't even work, I had to go off and buy my own netgear one, the wifi couldn't even reach the next room

This is a total joke, paying 50 euros a month for a quarter of what was promised, and ontop of that, basically another 80 euros to cancel.

I have another eir account with efiber at the home place & if someone in eir cant sort me a cancellation for this without further ripping me off, I'm going to move that service to another provider also, that will be another 50 a month you'll loose out on over this cancellation fee

All this talk about customer loyalty is a pile of rubbish so far for me, I've been taken for an eejit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Surely you are out of contract at this stage, just walk away?
    You can also get the call checked from when you were promised, if they promised you on recording they must stand by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Spiritine,

I'm very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your full name and account number and I will look into this further for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Spiritine

Any update? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

I am currently going through my PM's and will respond to you shortly.

Thanks,
    Anna

Advertisement