Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad music tonight? (Fri 26th)

Options
  • 26-05-2017 2:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know somewhere in Kildare that would have some trad music on tonight? My wife and her American friend want to go somewhere with it on, but i don't really know anywhere that might have it. Googling it suggests Larry's Bar in Prosperous and the Kilteen Inn in Kildare.

Anyone know if either of those places, or anywhere else, will had trad music tonight?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The Roost in Maynooth has a session on tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Kiith wrote: »
    Anyone know somewhere in Kildare that would have some trad music on tonight? My wife and her American friend want to go somewhere with it on, but i don't really know anywhere that might have it. Googling it suggests Larry's Bar in Prosperous and the Kilteen Inn in Kildare.

Anyone know if either of those places, or anywhere else, will had trad music tonight?

I know You mention last night, but just in case the session was held back 24 hours: Am jumping to conclusions here, but as You mention Prosperous & Kildare town, might I also suggest Johnny Fox's? I know it is a fair distance, but You won't get much better craic than up there, and I am sure Your American Friend would enjoy it, going by the numbers of American accents one hears in the bar all the time in summer.

If nothing else, the scenery on the way up over either of the gaps ( Sally Gap is nearer to Glencullen ) would be worth the trip in itself.:)

Advertisement