Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acceptable PC temperature?

Options
  • 26-05-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, what sort of temperature reading should be showing on Core Temp after playing a game.

Im at a work pc now but from memory the min/max temps were showing at 32/41 after boot up and an hour later (having played COD) they were showing around 46/52. Would that be normal or within an acceptable range?

Not at that PC now but I think the basic spec is Dell 910, core 2 quad, 8gb ram, 2gb nvidia GForce graphics (might be 710??)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes, perfectly normal - in fact that's quite low. Most Intel CPU's will go up to about 90 before throttling/shut down occurs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah anything up to say 75 and I wouldn't be worrying. Anything up to 85 and I'd be looking at how to cool it down better. 90 is pretty much a no no.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,103 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thats brilliant lads. Thanks a mill for taking the time to reply.

I wasnt sure myself so where better to ask than here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I still use my 10 year old Dell 1720 daily.
    My core temp fluctuates between 35C - 80C during normal use, and 70C - 95C when doing graphics-intensive stuff.
    The laptop will cut out at 105C.
    Never had any issues.

Advertisement