Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value for money bar in Temple Bar

Options
  • 26-05-2017 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if i stagger that far, what would be the least ripoff of the establishments?

Usually a beer drinker if that helps

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Just wondering if i stagger that far, what would be the least ripoff of the establishments?

Usually a beer drinker if that helps

if you're looking for cheap booze, why even go to TB?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Porterhouse has pretty normal prices for a pint (3.5-5% ABV). A pint of lager/stout would be in and around the 4.80-5.50 mark iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

The palace bar

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

The Temple Bar itself was always our favourite haunt for trying to pick up foreign women. It's a rip off and you'd be making the pint last as long as possible but if you pull you could be headed home early and you'll definitely think you've got good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The Temple Bar itself was always our favourite haunt for trying to pick up foreign women. It's a rip off and you'd be making the pint last as long as possible but if you pull you could be headed home early and you'll definitely think you've got good value.

At last Temple Bar's secret revealed. It's not that they're rip-off merchants it's just that they're doing a service to the females of the world, by well allowing the Irish man to, well, do a service at 'peak' performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

So true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

My local. The Foggy Dew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

So it wasn't just us? It is a rip off but some great times were had in there.
    My local. The Foggy Dew.

I've not been in the foggy for a long while as I'm now a foreigner. I use to love a Sunday night with the Rats. A pint of lager just scraped under a fiver too iirc - I suppose those days are most likely gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Spar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

loyatemu wrote: »
    if you're looking for cheap booze, why even go to TB?

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Porterhouse is probably one of the few normal priced bars in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Czech Inn

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Walk an extra block east and go to Bowe's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

theteal wrote: »
    So it wasn't just us? It is a rip off but some great times were had in there.

I've not been in the foggy for a long while as I'm now a foreigner. I use to love a Sunday night with the Rats. A pint of lager just scraped under a fiver too iirc - I suppose those days are most likely gone?

The Rats still play on Sunday evening. Pint is 5.60 so that's changed. Haha

Advertisement