Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Are strong arguments against Abraham being the safest and best cheap 3rd striker option in a 3-5-2 ?

With the busy schedule now I think it’s important to have a strong bench.

Personally I've just gone as cheap as possible with Niasse at 4.9 to enable a very strong front 7 and 5 good playing defenders. I couldn't justify the extra 1m for Abraham when that 8th spot was just cover (and not rotation).

I prefer it that way, it gives me better options at the back and they can be both rotated and come in as cover if needed too.

29 points in the 290 mins playing time over 6 games, I got him in for his price more than his points though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Is there any double game weeks this year ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,422 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Well I’ve been carrying him since WC and have lost 0.2m but I kinda have to keep him now for this good run of fixtures.

Although im concerned about behind the scenes talk with Conte.
    Alonso of this year is not the Alonso of last year. I ditched him a few weeks back. Normally when I don't have Alonso I hate watching Chelsea. No such fear this year. Same with Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Is there any double game weeks this year ??

There will be at some stage but we'll only find out as teams get to the latter stages of cup competitions or other games get postponed for whatever reasons meaning fixtures will need to be rescheduled.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Alonso of this year is not the Alonso of last year. I ditched him a few weeks back. Normally when I don't have Alonso I hate watching Chelsea. No such fear this year. Same with Sanchez.

Looks like Hazard being in the team impacts his points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

PARlance wrote: »
    Personally I've just gone as cheap as possible with Niasse at 4.9 to enable a very strong front 7 and 5 good playing defenders. I couldn't justify the extra 1m for Abraham when that 8th spot was just cover (and not rotation).

I prefer it that way, it gives me better options at the back and they can be both rotated and come in as cover if needed too.

29 points in the 290 mins playing time over 6 games, I got him in for his price more than his points though.

Yeah would agree with this.

Abraham is still the best of the cheap strikers, not just a goalscorer seems capable of a good pass too (was unlucky not to get an assist on the weekend).

But for me anyone over 5.0 or so is generally someone who needs to be starting most weeks.

If you're going more for bemch fodder / someone to very occasionally call upon you should probably go cheaper. Didn't realise Niasse was 4.9, worth keeping an eye on if he can nail down a spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Does anyone know when Tom Heaton is due back? Thinking of putting in Pope from Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Does anyone know when Tom Heaton is due back? Thinking of putting in Pope from Burnley.

Due date back is relatively unknown and Dyche said in September it would be a number of months before he's back after having shoulder surgery.

It would be safe enough to have Pope in your team as he'll be number one I'd imagine until at least Christmas time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Bilic sacked. Moysie the favourite to replace him.

Januzaj an option from January? :D:pac::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Not sure if this had been mentioned already but I came across it on the Fantasy PL reddit

The first 11 Gameweeks were played across 86 days, the next 11 Gameweeks are played across 46 days (After the international break)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Not sure if this had been mentioned already but I came across it on the Fantasy PL reddit

The first 11 Gameweeks were played across 86 days, the next 11 Gameweeks are played across 46 days (After the international break)

If we thought Pep was bad for rotating up to now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Add this to the Pep rotation and the number of 'new'managers and it is absolutely vital to have a strong 15. Someone who is absolutely indispensable to their team like Kane or Morata should be captain every gameweek as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

danganabu wrote: »
    Add this to the Pep rotation and the number of 'new'managers and it is absolutely vital to have a strong 15. Someone who is absolutely indispensable to their team like Kane or Morata should be captain every gameweek as well.

I’m moving in this general direction
    Jesus going next week too. I’ll keep sterling .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Astonishing that Hegazi is still the highest owned defender. 1 point per game average from his last 6

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The likes of Jones who seems to struggle to play midweek games will more than likely be rested for a few of the next 11 games.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Yeah would agree with this.

Abraham is still the best of the cheap strikers, not just a goalscorer seems capable of a good pass too (was unlucky not to get an assist on the weekend).

But for me anyone over 5.0 or so is generally someone who needs to be starting most weeks.

If you're going more for bemch fodder / someone to very occasionally call upon you should probably go cheaper. Didn't realise Niasse was 4.9, worth keeping an eye on if he can nail down a spot

If Wilson keeps his place I think he will turn out to be the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

after the international break.

So I take it you removed the 2 international breaks we had during those 11 gameweeks ?

otherwise its 86 - roughly 28 days - so 58 days ?

Still more, but not as huge as 40 days more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

If Wilson keeps his place I think he will turn out to be the best option.

Yep agree fully and some great fixtures coming as well, looked rusty at the weekend though.

danganabu wrote: »
    Yep agree fully and some great fixtures coming as well, looked rusty at the weekend though.

Haven't watched motd yet myself but ye he would need to start the next game for me to consider him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Hogey007 wrote: »
    4 goals conceded in injury time....ouch :D

iPhone playing up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Anyone planning their Christmas period team yet or is it a bit early to be thinking along those lines?

Which clubs have best fixtures around then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone planning their Christmas period team yet or is it a bit early to be thinking along those lines?

Which clubs have best fixtures around then?

Have taken a -8 to go to 3-5-2 that enables 3 decent subs (currently have 2 fodder subs). That's going to be the height of my planning for now.

Rikand wrote: »
    after the international break.

So I take it you removed the 2 international breaks we had during those 11 gameweeks ?

otherwise its 86 - roughly 28 days - so 58 days ?

Still more, but not as huge as 40 days more

I don't think you can just take 28 days out surely it would only be 14 days you take out . A week for each international break as with your way you are going from gw3 straight to gw 4 with not a days break between them. Its been too long since we had a good old mathematical debate on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I don't think you can just take 28 days out surely it would only be 14 days you take out . A week for each international break as with your way you are going from gw3 straight to gw 4 with not a days break between them. Its been too long since we had a good old mathematical debate on here.

Can't remember the poster - but the maths behind taking a hit of -4 and getting only 2 points, not being a 2 point hit was a fun debate. I could see their logic but it was a strange way of looking at it.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Can't remember the poster - but the maths behind taking a hit of -4 and getting only 2 points, not being a 2 point hit was a fun debate. I could see their logic but it was a strange way of looking at it.

That was me ha ha.

I’ve only recently doubled up on United defence but I’m concerned I’ve missed the boat.

With City pulling clear I’m worried Jose will now have to try and go out and win games and that might jeopardise clean sheets.

Edit - re 3rd striker I can’t see past Abraham simply because I think he’s more guaranteed to get 90 minutes than the other options bar maybe Depoitre.

Will be a real shame if Unsworth doesn’t get until the end of the season.

It looks like he’s willing to play Kenny or Holgate and maybe even Niasse.

I’ve only recently doubled up on United defence but I’m concerned I’ve missed the boat.

With City pulling clear I’m worried Jose will now have to try and go out and win games and that might jeopardise clean sheets.

Edit - re 3rd striker I can’t see past Abraham simply because I think he’s more guaranteed to get 90 minutes than the other options bar maybe Depoitre.

Rojo back now aswell. I can see Jones miss a few league games between now and new year .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Will be a real shame if Unsworth doesn’t get until the end of the season.

It looks like he’s willing to play Kenny or Holgate and maybe even Niasse.

That's the reason he won't get it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,908 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rojo back now aswell. I can see Jones miss a few league games between now and new year .
    The only argument you can have about United's defense is who is better between Bailly and Jones. Jones will not be dropped unless he has a bad run of games. Smalling is the one that will lose out if Mourinho wants to give Rojo games.

Advertisement